Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

Back Problems

Last week during a game of shinny which was supposed to be non contact, I got hit into the net, and smacked my back into the post. I didn't think anything of it so I kept playing and then last night at practice same thing happened. This time I couldn't walk off, I went to the Hospital and the doctor said I had a bruise in the muscle behind my shoulderblade. I have two questions, I am in alot of pain, what are good over-the-counter medications I can take for a deep muscle bruise, and does anyone know the name of the muscle that I might have pulled?

i second the chiropractor.

ive been had back problems ince i was 14 and they started to go away after about a month of chiropractic care. it really helps!

and if you dont want to try that, ice it down as much as posible and stretch it out.

whatever you take, make sure theres no asprin in it. Asprin increases blood flow which will make the swelling worse.

The flip side to that is that muscles need blood flow to bring them nutrients to heal. Its a dirty cycle.

You don't want to be in a hot tub for something that is swollen...the hot water will not work. You have to ice it down first.

And you're a fireman?!? :)

You don't want to be in a hot tub for something that is swollen...the hot water will not work. You have to ice it down first.

And you're a fireman?!? :)

except no where did he say it swelled :P

i just read "last week," most swelling wouldve gone down by then anyway.

kiddin JR, true you should avoid hot water for the first 48 hours, to avoid incresing the swelling, but after that, the hot water increases blood flow, relaxing the muscle, and the increased blood flow helps it heal faster. if you dont have a hot tub, try a hot water bottle, or hot water on a washcloth, and let it sit on your bruise for 10 - 15 minutes a few times a day. also avoid aspirin for the first 48 as well, a bruise is bleeding under the skin and aspirin withh hinder your bodies ability to clot that bleeding

If there is an ongoing pain after the bruise is gone, I would visit a registared massage theropist. I'm a firm beleiver in going with a RMT to cure ailments by using your own bodys muscles. I went to a chiropractor when i was younger and needless to say i wasn't to happy with the results.