Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PH_Hockey2

What stick do you use

What do you like to use.  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love my Peterson pro stock Synergy I picked up from Peranis a month ago. Its a Drury clone fyi. Peranis has a deals on pro stock stuff right now. I got mine for 120 USD. I also love my Flywieght non-tapered shaft with a prostock inno graphite blade. Its a modano clone but its nice for passing a wristers. I also have been using my V120 in the Bonk pattern. Its nice because its a regular flex which is really whippy for me so shooting is soo easy.

I use a R+, an L-2, and a Muskoka woodie and I have to say I love the muskoka, but the kick is nothing like a composite....maybe its just that i cant get used to the curve but i dont know.....R+ is my favorite......soft blade great for passing and Whip flex is great :)

Nothing beats a Recchi vector. I loved my vector. :( lol I'm just waiting for blowout sales at the LHS. Right now I'm switching between synergy shaft with my custom curved easton woodie, and my Kovalev novius. Four goals last night with my synergy so I know what I'll be rockin' for a while. ;)

im with everyone on the l-2 thats a great shaft. innos prolly have the best feel altho its close, but they open up on shots and the l-2 stays in on shots. second fav for tapered would be the r2 xn10 but i dont like the feel that much. ive been back to standard shafts lately, but i havent yet figured out which i like most between my griplite, m-2, and redlite xn10. theyre all great but the griplite is extremely stiff even in 100 flex. the other two are like tied i love the m-2 and redlite xn10 with my blades.

I've just started to use a Vapor XX, not too big a fan of it yet. It feels like I get a little more on my shots when I'm using the Bauer 6000 woodies, and even with my Sherwood 9950's. When I do catch the XX good, it flies pretty good, but its just not as consistent as the other two yet.

An Easton Synergy but I do have an old aluminum shaft for backup (don't have any modern composite two-piece shaft) and some wood sticks for backups as well.

synth with sakic si core has been cash for the past 4 days. Slowly making the transition to the sakic for my fellow druryites out there. Its the only option.

Give'er time, you think you like it, but it's no Drury.

I've been experimenting a little bit as of late. I've unload all of my OPS, I had a Hull Z-bubble grip w/ Kariya Pro blade (been using), I have had a tapered M-1 w/ T-Flex (Comp) Drury, and I am going to go back to wood to see if I notice a difference. I feel the Hull is too whippy for me, the 85 M-1 is nice, I expect to settle in around an R flex. I was always a Stiff guy until I got the Hull, I loved it at the start, but the more I used it the more the novelty wore off. I'll put up my vote after I've used a wood stick (first time in 5 years). If I had to guess I'd say I'm a fan of the tapered shafts and blades.

Wow, doesn't anyone use wood anymore?! I'd like to know what kinda drugs everyone is selling to get the cash for OPSs. Personally, I love the feel and tradition of wood. I used a 2 piece for a while but found the feel to be dead compared to my Sher-Wood PMP 7000s!

Wow, doesn't anyone use wood anymore?! I'd like to know what kinda drugs everyone is selling to get the cash for OPSs. Personally, I love the feel and tradition of wood. I used a 2 piece for a while but found the feel to be dead compared to my Sher-Wood PMP 7000s!

Lately my dealer has been hooking me up with discounted drugs, I mean OPS. Last time was a 2 pro stock for under a C-note shipped.

My son has been using Synergy Modano's 85's for most of 2 years...occasionally converting them to two piece sticks when the blade breaks...either the Z-Carbons or Ultra Graphites..tried the Vectors and found the feel too rigid, but much more durable than the Synergies. He never really like the feel of the Responses for some reason.

He has recently started using the Tour Beemer Modo, Stiff x-2 (90 flex+/-) and absolutely loves the feel as he gets familiar with the stick...not the lightest stick nor the heaviest either...490 grams official weight..but it seems like they really got the balance right..his hands have definitely come alive again with this stick. I understand they are using more glass and polyurethane than most of the other manufacturers as well as the carbon materials..apparently with some new technology that helps get the weight down, as glass has traditionally made heavy sticks. I hear they will be coming out with more patterns shortly.

At first he found it very similar to the Synergy. but with use he definitely prefers the feel over the Synergy, and at 70% of the price too(depending where you buy of course). No particular gains or losses in shooting velocity, just the big increase in feel...which is the biggest part of his game.

Inno 1100 5/300 flex with inno pro Hull blade. Sh!t i love this stick, i'm gonna pass it down to my kids or somethin.

M2 85 flex with tps pro Hull. Alright stick, not enough flex for me ;) . I use it mainly in practices and i'll prolly sell it if i stop playing hockey (soon enough). It just doesnt have the X factor of the inno. It might be mental but I definitly don't feel as confident shooting (my breadmaker basically) as i do with the 1100.

Ballistik Ultralight with CCM 1052 blade. Surprizing durability, but overall you get what you pay for. Good outdoor rink stick for when winter comes.

Don't use wood anymore because it's crap (i know i'll get flamed for this :P ).

i have a many of choices here

but now i got the 85 z-bubble with bauer p106 4000 blade, and inno 260 5 1100 with the p106 bauer 4000 blade, and an 85 flex si-core modano. I tried goign back to modano from drury but its too hard. slowly working the sicore into the rotation, it's brand new. but i love the z bubble, so whippy. si-core will end up being #1

I've only been playing for a few years but I like my wood sticks. I've got a branches and had a couple sher-woods(cheap ones apparently they splintered into a million pieces when they broke). I have an easton synergy and I'm scared to death I'll break it. I took it in the corner once and the toe looks like someone took a bite out of it. I can't justify the $$ on composites right now so I just ordered some Sher-wood 5030s so maybe after those break I'll try a two-piece but right now I can't beat the price and perfomance of wood.

So when I am in the market which composite sticks are best for D-men who like a stiffer stick to clear the crease?

After a cheap-Franklin Shaft

I had an Ultra Lite '02

then i switched to the Bauer Tri-Flex Gold Shaft (wonderful Shaft)

the Tri-flex is broken. I am playing now with

an Ultra Lite '04 with an Ferland Composite Thunder Grip Blade,

but I am waiting for my TPS XN10 ( OPS ) and for the Mission

M-2 shaft with an Z-Carbon blade

I switch around between one piece and two-piece, but every stcik has a Drury or Drury type curve. My favorite right now is a Redlite XN10.

I still can't believe so many ppl on this board use OPS. At the rate that they break, you'd figure that people would catch on that these sticks are overpriced shit.

Furthermore, it amazes me whenever I walk into my LHS and see some 8 or 10 year old kid lugging around an OPS which btw, their parents are usually willing to buy! The kid's 8 for cryin' out loud! He doesn't need a $200-300 stick, and my guess is that 90% of the players on this board don't either, considering that likely few, if any, of us are even major junior or minor-pro players.

Remember when Gretzky put up his 215 point campaign? He used a wood stick. Remember when Sakic or Yzerman came into the NHL? They used wood sticks. People used to score goals using wood sticks, so there's not really any reason that they can't do it today with wood sticks (other than the fact that the manufs pay them to use their sticks). Sure wood breaks down eventually, but wood doesn't snap in two like their overpriced composite counterparts.

Let the wood revolution begin! (Yeah, sure I'm dreaming, but hey, sometimes that's all you have)