Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrhky36

Winnipeg Jets return

... and a Dash-8 there.

And they didn't go with the Canadian airplane? I guess the fact that you can't look good walking off of a Dash might have played a part in that decision.

technically, it is a jet engine that drives the prop.

That's never been clear to me; my experience is limited to recips. Some companies call that setup "turboprop", others "jetprop". Would you call any turbine engine a jet?

That's never been clear to me; my experience is limited to recips. Some companies call that setup "turboprop", others "jetprop". Would you call any turbine engine a jet?

The first turbine powered aircraft used turbojet engines, as opposed to the more modern (and efficient) turbofans in use today. Though the term "jet" is still used for turbofan powered aircraft. That said, we normally use the term turboprop.

They totally blew their opportunity to deliver those players in the back seats of the CF-18's. They could have done a louder than hell flyover of Winnepeg puking flares with the guys in the back puking all over themselves, taxied into their respective spots in formation, players get out, doff flight gear, don new jersey's and THEN do their crappy press assignment. They could have made a real dog and pony show and got a lot of milage out of the logo and the plane it represents. Shame on you Winnepeg for blowing an opportunity to fly low-levels over the city in burner!

I think we overspent on Afghanistan, so there isn't too much fuel budget left for afterburning.

I have very mixed feelings towards the new Jets. one one hand I'd like to see them do well to say to the Atlanta Spirit Group, "see??? if you'd just given them a chance you could've had a winner!!!" but the other part of me says, "F you!!!! you guys are dead to me!!". very conflicted.

I have very mixed feelings towards the new Jets. one one hand I'd like to see them do well to say to the Atlanta Spirit Group, "see??? if you'd just given them a chance you could've had a winner!!!" but the other part of me says, "F you!!!! you guys are dead to me!!". very conflicted.

I know exactly how ya feel man, but i think i'm more on the "see them do well" side. Just because i still respect them but still its very conflicting..