Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

World Championships

With all this good NHL playoff action is anybody watching the World Championships? It seems a shame that the timing around this is now during the NHL playoffs since no one seems to give a shit.

It be easier to follow if it was on TV.

Though I do stay relatively update with the scores because they scroll across the bottom of the screen on the NHL Network.

I havn't made much of an attempt to find video hilights though.

This years WC is a true success in my opinion.. Most results are turnes upside down, "smaller" hockey nations beats the crap out of "bigger" hockey nations"

just watch the results..

Denmark v Finland 4-1

Germany v Usa 2-1 (after overtime)

Norway v Czech republic 3-2

Swtizerland v Canada 4-1

Denmark v Usa 2-1(after overtime)

I think this is great for the hockey.. it widens the interest for hockey worldwide..

And the Atmosphere here in Germany was great!

Did you know, that the first game of the World championship had 78.000 Visitors?!

I've watched two games so far, USA-Denmark and Germany-Finnland, both in Cologne...

The US-Team has been pretty disappointing, they're in the playdown round after their loss against Finnland yesterday!

I am absolutely bored with it. I'll watch it in the office when it's on, but it's nothing that exciting.

yeah! It would be a interesting game..

I don't think it would end like the last game.. Your guys has really stepped up a level in the WC.

It's really fun to see that both Denmark and Norway now can compete with the bigger nations.

Who knows, maybe we´ll se a Nordic League in the future :)

I watched Canada vs. Norway last week live on tsn.ca. I didn't think it would work here in the US because they've blocked my video access before for being outside of Canada, but it was a good feed this time. Beats paying 20 euros to watch it online.

Yeah all these "underdogs" are winning because the hockey powerhouses don't have any of their top players, except Russia, who is undefeated. You guys take a look at the US' roster? Brutal. Or the czechs? Yikes. Canada's backup goalie is Chad Johnson, who? Only guy from Canada's Olympic team there is Perry, good on him, but that just shows how these teams aren't even close to a true representation of top talent of the powerhouses.

But is a representation of the lower tier teams top talent, i.e. Denmark, Germany, etc.

So no, Denmark and Norway can't compete with the bigger nations, not yet. Especially not Norway lol.

come on..

Russia and Czech does have many of their bigger names in the tournament, they do. However, Canada and Usa does have many more bigger names than rest of the teams.. To say that Germany and Denmark have a better roster than Usa and Canada is nothin but a big lie..

The Czechs does have allmost all their big names from KHL and rest of the europe, Jagr, Marek, Rolinek, Cervenka, Rozival, Caslava etc.

What does Germany have? Marcel Goc!! Erhoff was still in Vancouver when Germany beat Usa..

Denmark? 2 NHL pros.. Peter Regin and Frans Nielsen (Stars?, don't think so), 2 players in SEL, the rest of the players play in the Danish league or Swedish 2nd league (Allsvenskan).

Canada sends the youngsters for experience on the world stage, were happy if we win, but we could careless. We had a powerplay line the other day of Eberle, Tavares, Kane, Myers and the old man Kris Russell.

Enjoy Russia, enjoy!!!!! (I can't believe Gonchar is playing, after his effort on Moen in game 7, I thought he would be on a beach bye now)

If you want to see a "not proper representation of the country's hockey skill" look at Slovakia's roster, last I checked they had no NHLers over there, even though we all know they have Gaborik, Hossa, Chara, Marcel Hossa and not to mention Halak ^.^

Weird though if Russia actually has all their top talents over there, somebody wants to win, eh?

If you want to see a "not proper representation of the country's hockey skill" look at Slovakia's roster, last I checked they had no NHLers over there, even though we all know they have Gaborik, Hossa, Chara, Marcel Hossa and not to mention Halak ^.^

Weird though if Russia actually has all their top talents over there, somebody wants to win, eh?

I was thinking they have to go if they want a spot on the team at the olympics in Russia.

Satan joined Slovakia before the last game.

But the best news: Denmark are in the quarterfinal :D

I can't believe Russia brought Bykov back to coach, figured he was headed to Siberia for a long, long vacation.

I can't believe Russia brought Bykov back to coach, figured he was headed to Siberia for a long, long vacation.

So did I? A friend of mine saw him in Novosibirsk like a week ago.

So did I? A friend of mine saw him in Novosibirsk like a week ago.

I was thinking of a more remote region of Siberia, darker and with more dirt involved.

come on..

Russia and Czech does have many of their bigger names in the tournament, they do. However, Canada and Usa does have many more bigger names than rest of the teams.. To say that Germany and Denmark have a better roster than Usa and Canada is nothin but a big lie..

The Czechs does have allmost all their big names from KHL and rest of the europe, Jagr, Marek, Rolinek, Cervenka, Rozival, Caslava etc.

What does Germany have? Marcel Goc!! Erhoff was still in Vancouver when Germany beat Usa..

Denmark? 2 NHL pros.. Peter Regin and Frans Nielsen (Stars?, don't think so), 2 players in SEL, the rest of the players play in the Danish league or Swedish 2nd league (Allsvenskan).

Who said Denmark and Germany had a better roster than Canada and USA? And those "big names" from the KHL are not big names, Caslava, who? The czechs have a brutal roster.

You think the best team USA would ever lose to Germany? Cmon.

I don't get many of your arguments here to be honest.

The World Championships is a joke .. I really coudln't care less about it, half of the best players from just about every country is still in the playoffs. Its not just Canada, looking at the rosters of teams like USA I laughed. I'm not even following the games. Sure I like my country, but i dont feel as if the team they sent was an accurate representation of Canada's best. I can understand that they want to draw in big bucks but the idea of playing while nhl playoffs are still going on takes away the real world part of it. Your not a champion if you win the world championships .. your just a member of a team with a medal. The Olympics are to me what should be considered worth watching ; the best of the best playing, not a team full of 3rd liners grinding it out against a stacked Russia team and getting beat by teams like Switzerland.

I think the real problem with the world championships is that they are every year.

This makes absolutely no sense. If they would hold them every four years the NHL would have less trouble making a short break and we would be able to see the best international teams every two years.

Once at the olympics and once at the wold championships.

Let's be perfectly honest here, assuming you were one of the NHL players that played in vancouver and made the playoffs, would you really want to travel over to Europe to play in a mediocre tournament after playing in the neighborhood of 100 games? Or would you want to go and enjoy what little break you get from the season?