Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2010 Alternative NHL awards

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/5/13/14...tive-nhl-awards

The NHL Awards will be handed out next month in Las Vegas, but for the fifth season in a row, it's time to hand out the Alternative NHL Awards, which celebrate hockey's greatest rulebreakers, recognizing the most frequent occupants of the penalty box by their individual specialty.

Take a walk back through history by reviewing the awards from 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006, or jump right ahead to this year's big winners...

I wish it showed which team had the most too many men on the ice calls.

Well, we know who a Too Many Man call cost the most....

Silly Bruins.

Too Many Men

The Ottawa Senators and Colorado Avalanche led the league with 13 Too Many Men calls during the season. Anaheim, by comparison, only got called twice.

I think I might have actually said out loud "He does that a lot" when Hamr got one of those over the glass penalties at some point this year. Not surprised to see him "lead the league" in that stat.

Kind of shocked to see all the stars with those kinds of penalties. Malkin, Sedin, Crosby, never really knew they took that many penalties. I know they play alot of ice time, but it doesn't stop Datsyuk from taking one penalty every 457 years.