Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeyisfunny

CCM U+ deeper than Supremes?

Eek, doesnt bode well for me, at least the wide part. I have normal/narrow heels. Does the Vector 10 have the same depth as the U+ just with a narrower heel?

Can superfeet help the heel area if its a little wide? They seem like they would have that effect.

This is from inline warehouse... they (and other sites Ive seen) say the heel is medium. I know sizes are relative, maybe CCMs medium is everyone elses wide?

Fit:

* Forefoot: Wide

* Volume: Med-high

* Heel: Medium

* Stance: Traditional

Trust me, it's wide.

Superfeet will NOT take up extra heel width - gotta have the right skate for that. Heel moving around really sucks and you do not want to end up with that situation.

Superfeet will NOT take up extra heel width - gotta have the right skate for that. Heel moving around really sucks and you do not want to end up with that situation.

Nailed it on the head.

Yup

So what skate do you fit into?

Graf Ultra G70 is the best skate for someone who can only fit into a CCM U+ type skate depth wise but needs a medium width heel

Just my opinion

Yup

So what skate do you fit into?

Graf Ultra G70 is the best skate for someone who can only fit into a CCM U+ type skate depth wise but needs a medium width heel

Just my opinion

I havent tried enough on to really say. The heel of the supremes fit me great, but they were too shallow, too narrow in D and too wide in EE. If these CCMs dont fit, Ill take a look at the g70, thanks.

EDIT: Actually Im going to look at the flexlites as well, heard good things about the 4.0.

The Flexlites are pretty shallow compared to the Graf G70 Ultra or CCM U+ skates. They're not as deep as people think

The Flexlites are pretty shallow compared to the Graf G70 Ultra or CCM U+ skates. They're not as deep as people think

But they're still deeper than the supremes arent they?

In my opinion? No Wider maybe, but I dont think they're deeper. They retain the same classic shape. Only thing "deep" about that skate is the toe box IMO, but thats my own personal experience

U+ 09s came.... ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? These things fit just as, if not more shallow (in different areas) than my supremes!!! The 7D length was perfect, width and heel were a tad big, but it was SO shallow especially at the top of my foot. Granted I havent baked them (obviously) but after walking on them for 3-4 minutes I got this horrible pain at the bone on the top of my foot and some at the ankle bend. Also felt a LOT of pressure where the laces cross at the top 2-3 eyelets when I bent my knees to flex the skates. 7.5D was pretty much the same way.

WTF?? I thought these were supposed to be some of the deepest skates around!!??!? Im going to post pics of my feet because either I have the most retarded shaped feet ever or just bad luck. Im so frustrated, Im thinking Graf Supra 570/670 may be my only hope left. Their website says they are the deepest fitting skate they have. Anyone have any experience with those?

I wear the Graf G70 Ultras and Fatwabbit wears the 670s I believe

Where are you failing the pencil test?? Do you have a high instep? Could you show us a picture of the skate? I know how frustrating it can be

You must have weird feet or the 09 fits different. The Reloaded skate IS deeper than the Supreme (one95 that is)

That is why you try them on before buying if you have the ability to do so

I have had 09 CCMs and now use the G70s. I failed the pencil test on the CCMs (heel to instep depth) and get a nice wrap on the G70s. Lace bite issues are gone. I have tried on the one 95s and found them to be a tiny bit more shallow than the CCMs. You really need to try them on though because Grafs use less foam than the CCMs. This makes their fit less forgiving but in my opinion better over the long haul because there is less foam to break down. I have no evidence to back this up just using common sense.

I fail the pencil test at the 2nd/3rd (barely) and 7th (badly) eyelets. I must have a high instep, I do have a high arch.

How stiff are the Graf 570/670s?? Similar to a One55?? I talked to Bruno at \"Bruno\'s Hockey Shop\" in Michgan and he told me the 570/670 werent very stiff, not like a one75/80 anyway. He also said he\'d do a free profiling on the Graf blades and said everyone swears it makes it twice as good. Also they are returnable if not worn/baked. My LHS has been out of Grafs forever and will be for the next 3-4 weeks at least I think, I really dont wanna wait to try them on there as i dont think they even carry all the models. Ill call tomorrow though and find out for sure.

Here are some pics of my feet and the skate.

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

You know, its weird. Its not really that the eyelets were too shallow, its that the tongue is too close to the plane of the footbed. If it were raised vertically like 0.5-1cm it would probably fit better. The tongue was curved like crazy too, I had to bend it back so much when putting it on that it creased up a little bit. Weird fitting boot...

My personal experience was I found the CCM to be less shallow than the One95. Everyone swore I was crazy, but its what I found in trying them on.

I have the G70 and its not right for me either, I also have weird feet I guess. I fail the pencil test right over the arch. The Graf 70 series are deep from heel to the corner of the ankle foot, but its not deep enough over the arch for me. At that spot I find the Supreme to be better.

You might want to try the Graf, but looking at your foot you do not have a very pronounced heel, which the 70 series also has, so you might have some heel slippage issues. Its a similar issue for me. The only Graf deep enough, also has a pronounced heel, which I dont have so I get heel slippage.

It sucks to be in your position cause you really need to just go out and try on everything you can.

I did find the Flexlite to be deep enough and wide enough for me. They might work for you. I just do not like that skate so am avoiding it unless its my absolute last resort.

My personal experience was I found the CCM to be less shallow than the One95. Everyone swore I was crazy, but its what I found in trying them on.

I have the G70 and its not right for me either, I also have weird feet I guess. I fail the pencil test right over the arch. The Graf 70 series are deep from heel to the corner of the ankle foot, but its not deep enough over the arch for me. At that spot I find the Supreme to be better.

You might want to try the Graf, but looking at your foot you do not have a very pronounced heel, which the 70 series also has, so you might have some heel slippage issues. Its a similar issue for me. The only Graf deep enough, also has a pronounced heel, which I dont have so I get heel slippage.

It sucks to be in your position cause you really need to just go out and try on everything you can.

I did find the Flexlite to be deep enough and wide enough for me. They might work for you. I just do not like that skate so am avoiding it unless its my absolute last resort.

Wow so the G70 failed over the arch?? Man... doesnt bode well for me. What do you dislike about the flexlite?? It actually passed the pencil test for you?? Are they much wider than the U+ or supremes? Is the flexlite 4.0 about as stiff as a one75 or more like one55??

Ill try on some eastons too when my LHS gets skates in stock... not getting my hopes up but I might as well try.

Go with Graf. Find out which Graf you take and stick with it.

You don't have a pronounced heel; you have a straight backstay. Going by that alone, for starters, you are looking at three possible permutations. So let's narrow it down. You have a deep heel instep depth. If you also have a wide heel, you're looking at the Supra 709. If you have a medium heel width, and your heel instep depth is medium to deep, then you are looking at the Ultra G7. The G70 would be for a moderately pronounced heel. Yours looks straight to me.

Go with Graf. Find out which Graf you take and stick with it.

You don't have a pronounced heel; you have a straight backstay. Going by that alone, for starters, you are looking at three possible permutations. So let's narrow it down. You have a deep heel instep depth. If you also have a wide heel, you're looking at the Supra 709. If you have a medium heel width, and your heel instep depth is medium to deep, then you are looking at the Ultra G7. The G70 would be for a moderately pronounced heel. Yours looks straight to me.

I cant afford the high end grafs. I mean I can, but I really didnt wanna spend over 375. Thats why I was looking at the 670s. I was kind of flexing my foot in that one shot which may have made my achilles/heel more straight looking. I have a narrow heel, so its pretty much the 570/670 for me. Im not going to limit myself, Ill try on all that I can, but this is my prediction. I dont think getting a skate for a somewhat pronounced heel would necessarily be bad if you had a straight backstay, would it?

Yes it would as your heel will not sit back in the pocket and likely will get lift, which is the problem I have in the G70.

I dont like the Flexlites cause they are soft. They are much softer than the Supremes. To me, they were like wearing an old school leather boot. Some might like it, but I wanted something a little more stiff and modern.

I wouldn't recommend the Flexlites but try the Supremes. Wider fit and much better boot overall. They seem to fit people with a wider forefoot quite well.

Yes it would as your heel will not sit back in the pocket and likely will get lift, which is the problem I have in the G70.

I dont like the Flexlites cause they are soft. They are much softer than the Supremes. To me, they were like wearing an old school leather boot. Some might like it, but I wanted something a little more stiff and modern.

I see... Ill just have to try a bunch on and see what fits, assuming my LHS will even get the Graf models were talking about, and thats a big "if" here in atlanta! I heard the flexlite 4.0 pros were stiffer than the 4.0, so if they have those Ill try them on as well.

I wouldn't recommend the Flexlites but try the Supremes. Wider fit and much better boot overall. They seem to fit people with a wider forefoot quite well.

Ive tried many supremes, trust me they dont fit my foot correctly. D is too narrow and EE is too wide, and they are too shallow.

Just contacted my LHS (Hockey Time USA) and they will be getting a shipment in mid June. They will only be getting the G series Grafs in though, so I guess I can try them on and then if I find one that fits just order a lower model in the same fit line (no way Im gonna drop $575+). Like, say the G70 fits, I guess I could order the 670 online then, assuming the fit would remain the same. They also will be getting Flexlites in so Ill try those. The owner said the 4.0 was a stiff skate, but Im not sure what he's comparing to.

Man the wait is going to kill me. :angry: