Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

Tapered Blade for an Inno 1100

Hi guys,

I hardly know anything about blades. I'm going to be getting an Inno 1100 tapered shaft and was wondering what blade I should put in it. I can look through lists of blades all day long but I don't know which are tapered and which arent because they dont specify on most websites. I would prefer not spending more than $30 but if I have to because the blade is going to be that much more durable I will spend more. Also I would really like to get the shaft and the blade at the same place so that they arrive at the same time. Providing links or atleast a site name would be awesome. Thank you very much and again I'm sorry if this is redundant.

Epuck.com has a special section for Tapered blades. They also have most of the major companies although I doubt you will get something for under $30 unless youa re looking at wooden blades.

Gah I completely missed that. :(

Edit: One quick question. How exactly do I make a shaft and a blade a stick? I know, I'm a noob, but hopefully I won't have to be. I know how to remove blades because I have read that other places. Is heat required?

If you do end up getting a tapered Novius from ePuck, get the Bauer XV blade with it. That would be a sick combo.

I called up Perani's yesterday and asked when the Mission L-2s are coming and they said the beginning of April. They don't have an exact date. I may just end up waiting it out and getting that. I just need a backup plan just in case I can't get one before April 27th.

Just a quick note about heating the shaft and blade. You dont have to "cook" the shaft. Be sure to only leave a single side of the shaft exposed to the heat for no more than two or three seconds. Keep rotating the shaft as you do this two or three times total. The shaft should be about 3 to 4 inches away from the burner. Once this is done you should be good to go.

To many people keep on side on the heat for too long and they burn the shaft.

Not to hijack this thread, but how many times can you heat a shaft before you ruin it? I've been trying some different blades lately and I don't want to weaken or warp the shaft if I can help it.

While we're on the topic, if the blade is too loose in the shaft you might want to take out the blade and wrap the tenon in a layer of clear tape and then melt that. But don't wrap on too much or it'll slide off when you put the tenon in the shaft. That's what I always end up doing.

If you do end up getting a tapered Novius from ePuck, get the Bauer XV blade with it. That would be a sick combo.

Actually, the blades are the best thing Inno makes.

Really? I thought their shafts were considered some of the best too, I like my 1100 alot.

I can think of a couple of members that have problems with the shafts, including me.

There's a bit of the problem with the shaft's torque that LJack's mentioned, plus I get this annoying *ping* sound on any slapshot I take. Polarfibre is still my main con with it, but it's a great shaft.

6-1 225 and every recent Inno shaft has had the torque problem. I really feel it on slappers.

I'm 6'5" 175 and even the stiffest Innos will open up, I'm assuming it's just their kickpoint process. The Synthesis has a similar feel but I assume that's due to the taper and I'm not big into tapered shafts. Easton's standard shafts still hold up the best in terms of not over-torquing.

I never had an R2 but never saw that problem with a Synth. The Synth blades were a "bit" lacking in feel to me. I've used a Response shaft a lot and never had a problem with that.

Hmm well im 6'1" 220 and hearing you two guys (ljack, and Mack) say you have problems with torque is worrying me that I will expierence the same thing being a big guy as well. Anyone had any problems with the Bauer XV? That is another option of mine.