Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

Tapered Blade for an Inno 1100

The torque was one of those things for me that was noticable once I had something to compare my Innos with. Now I prefer the feel of the XN10 these days... not hardly any torque so I can use a flexier stick for shooting yet it doesn't feel noodly when stickhandling. That said, I do think the extra torque lends to the increased "feel" in the Inno sticks. That little extra twist seems to help me feel the puck better when stickhandling. Also, the tapered shafts don't seem to torque much compared to the standards which can really open up on a big slapper.

I'll third with Mack and Chadd. I'm about Chadd's size and whenever I shot with my 1100 fused the shaft would open up and flutter the shot. I had the same problem with the Vector.

To respond to Ljack, the stick I have now is an old solid wood Titan. Ive held iron pipe that was lighter than this stick. Its monsterous. I've always just played house leagues and stuff like that, but I have always been heads and tails better than nearly everyone in them, even the guys who usually play ice. So now I figure I want to get the best stuff I can because I have always played with crappy stuff. I'm also going to be trying out for some much better teams down the road.

I'll third with Mack and Chadd. I'm about Chadd's size and whenever I shot with my 1100 fused the shaft would open up and flutter the shot. I had the same problem with the Vector.

Thats strange. When I use it, I always get a good shot off, but I'm a little smaller than you.

If you do end up getting a tapered Novius from ePuck, get the Bauer XV blade with it.  That would be a sick combo.

Actually, the blades are the best thing Inno makes.

I know, but I like WaveBridge blades more than plain Innovative blades. Plus, the XV is made by Inno anyways.

Huh wha? the XV is made by Inno?

I am really starting to get skeptical about buying an Inno shaft. I don't want something that is going to torque on me when taking a slapper, and if you guys that are about my size say that it is doing that to you I'm pretty certain I need to look for something else.

I tried out an Inno Commander with an Inno Fedorov blade tonight and it didn't torque as much as the Novius.

I'm pretty sure all of the Bauer blades are made by Inno, even the wavebridge.

I liked the way the Vector shoots, but couldn`t get used to the 1100 fused, however that could of been the pattern.

I tried out an Inno Commander with an Inno Fedorov blade tonight and it didn't torque as much as the Novius.

I'm pretty sure all of the Bauer blades are made by Inno, even the wavebridge.

I recall the BauerNikeHockey guy who used to come to the old board and who told us (not openly but leaving zero doubt) that the '03 TriFlex Gold (with wave-bridge blade) was made entirely by Inno (unlinke the '02 TriFlex).

I have an '02 Nike Quest 1 shaft which is also Inno-made.

I think it's safe to assume that all Bauer/Nike composite products are made by Inno nowadays. But I might as well be wrong.

Just a quick suggestion here...

If you've been using a wooden stick and this is going to be your first dip into the graphite shaft market, you may want to consider some standard shafts as well.

A few suggestions are an Easton Ultralite (damn near everyone's first graphite love) or a TPS Redlite.

I only say this because you would have more blade options and you may find that you don't like the feel of a composite blade, in which case you could throw a wooden blade in there. Hell, you may find that you don't like composite shafts either and go back to a woodie! :o

I'm 6'1" ish 215 and haven't felt the over tourqu on the inno shafts or sticks. Also despite having many OPS and graphite shaft combos, my fave combo would still have to be graphite shaft with wood blade. Just an awesome feel IMO and a blanace that i really feel comfortable.

NEver had any inno blades aside from the ones in my fused Novii (which are STILL holding up great) but the bauer wavebridges blades are very durable. Looking forward to trying the 04 stuff.

Back when I was playing "old school" roller hockey on concrete, wooden blades did tend to split on the bottom after a while, but then again it wasn't REAL smooth concrete. I never knew anything about ABS blades at the time. Hindsight 20/20 I would have tried one of those. You may want to try the same.

I have no idea how well graphite blades hold up on smooth concrete. You may want to get more feedback on that. I'd hate to see you throw away $40-$60 USD on a premium graphite blade to have it fall apart on you. At the very least, you could always try an Easton Ultra Graphite which usually run under $30 USD.

How well are wood blades going to hold up on smooth concrete?

Not well at all. You will probably go through one every couple sessions (or depending on how much you can take a falling apart blade). If it's a painted smooth concrete surface (not like a tennis court) you will probably get a couple few games out of each one. I've had Inno blades last for months on the smooth painted concrete however.

Go ABS or graphite, I have an old graphite blade in a road hockey stick and it holds up awesome, although some of that might have to do with my street just being paved last year.

The surface we play on is just an ice rink that they remove the ice from. Just to clarify.

Since I have never owned/used a composite stick would it be better for me to start off with a standard shaft, like the Mission M-2 and then get a tapered shaft later down the road, or is it not going to make any difference?

If you hang out here too long, you'll probably end up with more sticks than you need like a good number of us. ;)

If you're going to play both ice and roller all in the same week, you might want to have two shafts anyway. Because you've never played ice before, you might want a different flex/feel for it than roller since some people don't find the grip the same. You might like a different blade/pattern for the two also.

I've seen ABS standard blades before but never tapered. Maybe just get a tapered for ice and standard for roller?

is "tourqe" or whatever when your shaft feels like it is twisting when you shoot,

and it curves left or right? or maybe feels like the toe of your blade is being

draged beheind or something?

Bulletproof funk: My top priority is inline. If I start playing ice it won't be until next winter. So right now my only concern is getting a shaft that I will really like for the inline season that starts April 27th.

On another note, my ever changing mind is thinking that I should get a TPS R2 XN10 w/ an R2 blade.

is "tourqe" or whatever when your shaft feels like it is twisting when you shoot,

and it curves left or right? or maybe feels like the toe of your blade is being

draged beheind or something?

When I'm talking about torque, it feels like the shaft is twisting when the stick is bending.