Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

puckhoggy

Grass Trimmers - what do you have

So our household just bought a new gas-powered grass trimmer since our previous one finally went ka-put.

I have the Echo GT-200R and now that I am setting it up I realized it doesn't have the bump feed and I am pretty pissed since I know how much the bump feed is better that stringing in line like I have to do with this new trimmer.

So before, I begin use on this trimmer, I wanted some input on what is out there and what you use. I read good reviews on the one I now have, but purely hate the fact it isn't a bump feed.

Echo 210. I never touch the thing without safety glasses and just about always wear pants unless I'm doing something really light. Couldn't be happier.

I've been using a Troy Bilt for the past 3 years now and it has honestly been fantastic. Takes that attachments such as a tree trimmer and roto tiller (which I have both) which for most homeowners lawn/tree grooming needs it does great. Also, mine is a 4 stroke engine, so there is no need for mixing 2 cycle engine oil and I have to say that I feel that this is what makes the trimmer to easy to start, even after being left idle for 5 months at a time.

I ended up buying a homelite for $70 at the cheapo depot. Much better than the old Ryobi. Since I'm only using it at home it was a good buy. Starts easy, etc...but runs through gas like crazy.