Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Blasts From The Past

What's great is that graphic from 20 years ago is currently in use to sell a pair of gloves today.

If you guys didn't know/realize by now, the X:60 concept is the Techniflex.

What's great is that graphic from 20 years ago is currently in use to sell a pair of gloves today.

If you guys didn't know/realize by now, the X:60 concept is the Techniflex.

And that's why I currently own 3 pairs of X60 pro gloves...

I wonder where the guys are in the company meeting room picture now. I knew a couple of them. Canstar really had a strong line-up of products. The Cooper protective was so good back then as compared to the competition. Check out the company building pictures. Hey, JR, St. Jerome look familiar!! The V2 blade was one of their few bombs but those Bauer 3000 skates were awesome. The page on Bauer skate history is great. All those stock colors for Cooper BDP Pro Model gloves! I wonder if the Caps will wear the blue shells with stars featured on the pro pant page. Glory days.............

Bob Shelston retired. Last time I saw Shelley, I believe it was in Toronto in 2007 with Torspo.

And yep, same building in St-Jerome. :) I actually had to look at it and now I see it - obv when you face it from the parking lot you are looking at the side of it. The street name has changed however.

Looks like they slightly moved down the street from the Mississauga location as their current address is 6660A Millcreek.

Around this time Easton skates were pretty well made considering what they did to their skate line in the next 6 years. Looking at this catalog reinforces my thinking that a company should stick to doing what it does best and not try to be all over the map with various product lines. Practically half the catalog is devoted to sticks, shafts, blades, and the beginning of Synergy OPS.

1991 Canstar catalogue is up - Tuuk v2 blades (I was still seeing those from time to time in MI for sharpening), Lange Quadraflex skates, FLAK protective, good stuff!

Man that one brings back memories. At that point (first year of Squirts I believe) I was weraing 100% Canstar, Bauer skates, Cooper shins, elbows, gloves and helmets, and Flak shoulders and pants. I love the Blue Tuuk's in there too. Oh, and did anyone else notice that one of the goalie gloves actually has webbing and a pocket between the wrist and the thumb, where they put that cheater piece these days? Was that even legal?

What the heck is Mike York doing as one of the 'Backed by the best in Hockey' in the Easton Catalog? There wasn't anybody else using Easton Gear?

Loved those Z-Air skates, I actually have a pair laying around with Mission Vibe Chassis on them, may have to change that and put on Tuuks and take them out of retirement. 'Metal Matrix' Z-bubbles (wiping drool from my mouth), I may have went through about a dozen of these in a 6 month span but god were they great. And the gold grip synergy, those things were tanks and performed great.

Man that one brings back memories. At that point (first year of Squirts I believe) I was weraing 100% Canstar, Bauer skates, Cooper shins, elbows, gloves and helmets, and Flak shoulders and pants. I love the Blue Tuuk's in there too. Oh, and did anyone else notice that one of the goalie gloves actually has webbing and a pocket between the wrist and the thumb, where they put that cheater piece these days? Was that even legal?

This was first done by the custom goal guys like John Brown, Mike Vaughn, and Brian Heaton. The early stages of pushing the envelope in goalie gear rules. Cooper was just following up on what these other guys had done.

What the heck is Mike York doing as one of the 'Backed by the best in Hockey' in the Easton Catalog? There wasn't anybody else using Easton Gear?

Loved those Z-Air skates, I actually have a pair laying around with Mission Vibe Chassis on them, may have to change that and put on Tuuks and take them out of retirement. 'Metal Matrix' Z-bubbles (wiping drool from my mouth), I may have went through about a dozen of these in a 6 month span but god were they great. And the gold grip synergy, those things were tanks and performed great.

I have two gold grip Synergys in my stash. I can't believe I bought 100 flex and cut the damn thing. I used to order 110 flex for the shop, too.

I miss the old Easton logo so bad. The new one is gonna look bad in 10-20 years it's way too modern. Or maybe it's just me ahah