Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shayno

"White Easton Ultra lite hockey shaft"

Can anyone give me any info on a a white Easton Ultra lite shaft...there is a hockey "fire sale" in my city and they have 3 of these shafts for sale at good price($40)....have never seen a white one? Any difference between this one and the Gold, or Red ones? Any info would be a appreciated....Thanks!

All basically the same shaft... although some would say that the gold shaft was the last of the quality ultralite shafts. White and red were after gold. I'm pretty sure that the only real difference was the coating on the outside of those shafts.

I'd lump it in with the rest of the shafts that came after the brownish-gold shafts. Still tanks, but if paint chipping is a peeve then it's not for you. Once Easton stopped clear-coating shafts it was all downhill.

I'll agree with the hardcore Easton fanboys here from the days of their awesome shafts. I believe the main difference on those white (and later red) shafts was merely the paint, and they're MUCH better than Easton's current versions of the shafts, but still not quite as great as the original brown and later gold Ultra Lites. However, they're close.

Depending on if they have your flex and you don't mind the paint falling off if you look at it wrong, it's a great shaft that should last you for ages.

I really wish that there was a site with all this info, something like a shaft or OPS id/history DB...

I've got an all black easton ultra-lite and I have no idea from which area it's from. I got it at the Islanders sale, Yashin Pro stock.

That's because yours is a custom shaft. Yashin and Kariya used the black and as far as I know, nobody made SMUs of it. I have a couple Kariyas from his Nashville days and wish Easton had went public with that graphics scheme. Very late Z-Coreish.

That's because yours is a custom shaft. Yashin and Kariya used the black and as far as I know, nobody made SMUs of it. I have a couple Kariyas from his Nashville days and wish Easton had went public with that graphics scheme. Very late Z-Coreish.

Yep, Kariya is still using them. You can find them in the Blues store at the ScottTrade Center sometimes. Although someone mentioned that his sticks are permanently fused by Easton. Not sure if that's true, but he looks to still use the pro-stock Z-Carbon blades.

I was actually thinking that when I wrote my original response to the thread. The black UL and the MM Z-bubbles were the best looking shafts Easton ever made and both models performed well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAUL-KARIYAS-HOCKEY-STICK-EASTON-ULTRA-LITE-EXC-COND-/220638418434?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335f131602

Kariya UL.

I've bought from this guy a few different times. He's been a great seller each time.

From what I know, he uses 100 flex shafts and merely takes out what used to be (and may still be for him) the wood end plug. If someone could get it for a good price, that'd be a great stick.