Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinger

TotalOne Shaft?

Hey guys,

I have the one95 shaft+blade combo and it's the greatest shaft/blade combo i've ever used. Does anyone know if they will be making this in a TotalOne in SR 77 Flex??

Can't seem to find any info on it.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Hey guys,

I have the one95 shaft+blade combo and it's the greatest shaft/blade combo i've ever used. Does anyone know if they will be making this in a TotalOne in SR 77 Flex??

Can't seem to find any info on it.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I guess you never looked at the holiday catalog :laugh:

Yep, although the price of the TotalOne shaft will be approximately $125. I guess when the one piece version of the stick goes up to $220+, they couldn't keep selling the shaft for $85-90, huh? :sad:

Sucks, because as far as I know, it won't be any different than the One95 shaft besides the Grip Tac and TexTreme carbon. However, I may still have to try it....

as much as i love their one pieces, their shafts are 54" and are just too stiff once cut. They need a 75 flex intermediate shaft, i'm sure there's a demand for it.

Their One95 shafts were still fairly whippy once cut. I had to take 4" off one of them (77 flex) and despite Bauer's rating scale saying it should have ended up as a 92-95, it still felt closer to 80-85. Since mine broke so quickly though, I'm looking for another 77 to give it a fair chance.

Their One95 shafts were still fairly whippy once cut. I had to take 4" off one of them (77 flex) and despite Bauer's rating scale saying it should have ended up as a 92-95, it still felt closer to 80-85. Since mine broke so quickly though, I'm looking for another 77 to give it a fair chance.

can anyone second this? not to be too skeptical but "feel" is very subjective.

and also, i'd be cutting about 7 inches off the shaft for it to be comparable to the one95 OPS, which was still a hair too stiff once cut 4"

Yeah, most sticks are going to be too stiff for you if you're chopping off 7". Unless you have absolutely massive hands, look into an intermediate.

This is the shaft and flex I have on order. That should be around where I'll be cutting it as well. Thanks, I was hoping it would be around the 85 flex when it was all said and done. I'll be using a Warrior AK Vanek blade. I've had great luck with Warrior blades and cant seem to find this curve/pattern in any other company.

This is the shaft and flex I have on order. That should be around where I'll be cutting it as well. Thanks, I was hoping it would be around the 85 flex when it was all said and done. I'll be using a Warrior AK Vanek blade. I've had great luck with Warrior blades and cant seem to find this curve/pattern in any other company.

Can't guarantee it will be the same for the TO shaft, but I'd imagine close. Bauer touts the lightness of the TexTreme material, so maybe it will shave a bit off the shaft. It wasn't heavy at all as the One95 shaft and probably won't be noticeable, but an upgrade is an upgrade.

Yeah, most sticks are going to be too whippy for you if you're chopping off 7". Unless you have absolutely massive hands, look into an intermediate.

I've used intermediate sticks and they are way too whippy (i assume you meant "too stiff for you"). I typically cut 3-4" off a 75-77 flex stick but with the supreme shafts being as long or longer than most tapered shafts (54" supreme vs 53" dolomite) its just too long or too stiff with a standard hosel supreme blade.

a tapered one95 shaft would be bang on.

I still can't believe shafts have gotten to the $120+ price point over the last couple years. And simply because they want the shaft/blade combo to be near in price to its OPS equivalent. I obviously understand it, but it is ridiculous, especially when the shaft/blade combo of the same OPS often doesn't even have the same technology.

With that being said, I'm a shaft guy and really want to take a look at the new TO shaft to see how it compares to the One95 shaft.

Agree with Scotty...I'm a huge fan of the one95 shaft/blade, but when OPS like the X:40, T90, Pro Stock Dolos, regular Dolos even, etc. are all cheaper than a $120 shaft and $50 blade, that's a bit brutal.

Standard shaft prices have now gotten ridiculous. It's pretty sad to see the price jump in shafts is larger than the price jump from the one95 ops to the total one ops. 35 from the one95 shaft to the total one shaft. 30 from the one95 ops to the total one ops. only 5 bucks, but still

Standard shaft prices have now gotten ridiculous. It's pretty sad to see the price jump in shafts is larger than the price jump from the one95 ops to the total one ops. 35 from the one95 shaft to the total one shaft. 30 from the one95 ops to the total one ops. only 5 bucks, but still

I couldn't agree more...you could buy the One95 shaft new for $90 a lot of places. No way this shaft has $30 more of upside.

I'm communicating wth Rob Howland at PureHockey about the possiblity of offering a SMU of the TotalOne shaft in a tapered version. He said he's now considering it and will contact Bauer about the potential for it as long as they are willing to do it again.

I'm communicating wth Rob Howland at PureHockey about the possiblity of offering a SMU of the TotalOne shaft in a tapered version. He said he's now considering it and will contact Bauer about the potential for it as long as they are willing to do it again.

Hopefully he does it.

Beauty. I just broke both of my remaining 77 flex ONE95s from Pure Hockey this week. I was hoping a TotalOne tapered shaft would pop up somewhere. Keep us posted Scotty.

Hopefully he does it.

From the sounds of it, he's interested in doing it once again. He said he had originally contacted Bauer about making them for him since there was no tapered shaft in the Bauer lineup. Since the X60 shaft came out last year, he thought he'd be covered, but said if I was interested (and I was sure to let him know that many others were as well) he would contact Bauer and see if they were willing to do it again.

Beauty. I just broke both of my remaining 77 flex ONE95s from Pure Hockey this week. I was hoping a TotalOne tapered shaft would pop up somewhere. Keep us posted Scotty.

Sounds at this point as if it's more up to Bauer than it is him, but I'll certainly keep everyone up to date on my correspondence with him.

Update: Explained to Rob in detail the reasons why people liked the tapered One95 shaft. Rob states that as a result, he has now formally put in the request with Bauer for an SMU tapered TotalOne shaft. He's just waiting to hear back from them and if it is possible, it probably wouldn't be available until after the first of the year.

Update: Explained to Rob in detail the reasons why people liked the tapered One95 shaft. Rob states that as a result, he has now formally put in the request with Bauer for an SMU tapered TotalOne shaft. He's just waiting to hear back from them and if it is possible, it probably wouldn't be available until after the first of the year.

That's awesome! Just curious, what did you tell him as the reasons why evryone loved them?

That's awesome! Just curious, what did you tell him as the reasons why evryone loved them?

I just went in depth about its feel, durability, weight, higher kickpoint than the X60, and its tremendous kick (that some hardcore TPS XN10 users have been satisfied with).