Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinger

TotalOne Shaft?

Haven't heard anything yet from Pure Hockey, but I'm betting that this shaft isn't happening. Seems that each year there are less and less selections in the shaft category and many manufacturers are simply carrying over old options. Dealers and shops don't have the incentive to carry them much anymore since everyone runs straight to the OPS. Rob said that if the shaft were to happen, it likely wouldn't be until January. It's now May and nothing.

I'm stocking up on my current favorite shaft, but it seems that they're very hard to come by.

Same. I'd like to give your current favorite a try though

Haven't heard anything yet from Pure Hockey, but I'm betting that this shaft isn't happening. Seems that each year there are less and less selections in the shaft category and many manufacturers are simply carrying over old options. Dealers and shops don't have the incentive to carry them much anymore since everyone runs straight to the OPS. Rob said that if the shaft were to happen, it likely wouldn't be until January. It's now May and nothing.

I'm stocking up on my current favorite shaft, but it seems that they're very hard to come by.

what's ur current fav? I've been rotating dolo/ one95 tapered/ x60 and can't seem to settle.

what's ur current fav? I've been rotating dolo/ one95 tapered/ x60 and can't seem to settle.

Mine is definitely the tapered One95. Shaft shape is perfect with the slim width and rounded corners, weight is incredibly light (Mine with an SE16 blade is 428 grams WITH tape), kickpoint is ideal as it is higher than the ultra low X60, and it kicks very hard. I love the tactile on the corners as well.

Mine is definitely the tapered One95. Shaft shape is perfect with the slim width and rounded corners, weight is incredibly light (Mine with an SE16 blade is 428 grams WITH tape), kickpoint is ideal as it is higher than the ultra low X60, and it kicks very hard. I love the tactile on the corners as well.

You're welcome:)

428 grams is a really light setup. My TotalONE OPS is 455 grams after taping it up for action. Is the stick really short?

My stick is about ~64" long standing up against the wall. I have a tapered two-piece TotalONE that scaled in at 485 grams, all taped up. The shaft was cut from a broken OPS. It was a tad too short after cutting so I had to add a 1.25" wood extension on top. I scaled the stick at each stage, and here is the break down:

TO shaft + 1.25" wood extension + RBK 7K tapered P34 + tape

285g + 22g + 153g + 25g = 485 grams

428 grams is a really light setup. My TotalONE OPS is 455 grams after taping it up for action. Is the stick really short?

Shorter than yours, but not unusually short. My sticks are about 57.5" from end to heel.

Shorter than yours, but not unusually short. My sticks are about 57.5" from end to heel.

If measured from end to heel, my stick would be the same length...maybe even 0.5" shorter than your stick.

If measured from end to heel, my stick would be the same length...maybe even 0.5" shorter than your stick.

Bought a Warrior DD tapered blade and pre-DD blade (black checkered design, but no dragon or "dolomite" on blade") on Ebay for each of my other two One95 tapered shafts and they both come to around 445 grams before tape. However, they haven't been cut down to size. I have to take off an inch or two because the shafts are kind of long. Loving the feel of the pre-DD blade!

Bought a Warrior DD tapered blade and pre-DD blade (black checkered design, but no dragon or "dolomite" on blade") on Ebay for each of my other two One95 tapered shafts and they both come to around 445 grams before tape. However, they haven't been cut down to size. I have to take off an inch or two because the shafts are kind of long. Loving the feel of the pre-DD blade!

I have the same combo. The DD (Pre-Dragon blade) has a really nice feel to it. Tried the X60 in the One 95 tapered but it was a bit pingy for my taste. Now I have a harrow in it but makes its kinda blade heavy but feel is pretty good as well.

For those looking for a TotalONE tapered shaft, you might want to consider the opinion of converting an OPS with a broken blade. Just cut off the broken blade about 3" below the "E" in "TOTALONE". To be pre-cautious, you can cut even lower and work your way up gradually.

I found a TotalONE shaft that was already cut at 1.5" below the "E" and it was too high already. I had to put a strip of tape on the tenon to make a snug fit. This is definitely the cheaper alternative, and I much prefer the boxier shaft.

This is definitely the cheaper alternative, and I much prefer the boxier shaft.

That's one of the predominant reasons I preferred the tapered One95 shaft: slimmer profile with pretty rounded corners. Damn Bauer for not making these anymore.

That's one of the predominant reasons I preferred the tapered One95 shaft: slimmer profile with pretty rounded corners. Damn Bauer for not making these anymore.

Scotty, Pure has them coming out in July. SMU's.

Whaaa? So Rob DID do it. I never heard back from him or anything else about it, so I thought it wasn't going to happen. I'm going to need more details on this shaft.

Whaaa? So Rob DID do it. I never heard back from him or anything else about it, so I thought it wasn't going to happen. I'm going to need more details on this shaft.

Well i enquired with them a few months ago, at first they told me they were not sure then then they got back to me the next day and said they will be ready in July and to stay tuned.

What shafts do you have left on hand? I got mine from TSR 102 flex but im not sure if its going to be built the same. I have a total one OPS and it seems slightly boxier than my one95 tapereds.

I hope these have the larger shaft shape and not the skinny one of the one95 tapered shaft. I might have to score a couple of them if they do.

I've got a One95 shaft chopped down to a hair more than 100 flex that you can have fairly cheap, used for 2 warmups.

I had no luck converting a broken One95 (mine was a pro stock "C29") to a tapered shaft. When I cut off the blade, the shaft was oval shape inside.

I hope these have the larger shaft shape and not the skinny one of the one95 tapered shaft. I might have to score a couple of them if they do.

And I hope they stay the same:)

I love the one95 tapereds i got from TSR, good size and response. Were the ones from Pure the skinnier version?

TSR had mainly the same thinner/rounded ones that Pure had, but there were a couple times when they had some small batches of pro stock tapered One95 shafts as well. I believe those were the standard squared shaft profile. However, when most people refer to the tapered One95 shaft, they mean the thin/rounded one.

TSR had mainly the same thinner/rounded ones that Pure had, but there were a couple times when they had some small batches of pro stock tapered One95 shafts as well. I believe those were the standard squared shaft profile. However, when most people refer to the tapered One95 shaft, they mean the thin/rounded one.

yup. TSR had the same ones as PH

I had no luck converting a broken One95 (mine was a pro stock "C29") to a tapered shaft. When I cut off the blade, the shaft was oval shape inside.

The one I was talking about was a tapered shaft, not a converted OPS.

July's almost up, anyone heard anything from PureHockey about these coming in?

July's almost up, anyone heard anything from PureHockey about these coming in?

I emailed them about it:

We will be receiving tapered Total One shafts available for sale between July 15- Aug 1.

It will be a typical .520 tapered shaft available in 87 and 102 flex. Same retail price as the standard Total One shaft $124.99. No matte finish and no rounded corners. It will be like holding a Total One

- one piece non grip stick in your hand. It will just be a tapered shaft version.