Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2010-2011 predictions

The Devils are going to surprise a lot of people

The Southeast is going to be very competitive

The Leafs are still going to suck, but won't finish last in the conference

Chicago will not repeat (kills me to say this) and will not win their division

I dunno Chadd, watching the Leafs line up tonight against Detroit and, oh my they suck. This is going to be a very long season.

Here is my standings:

West

1. Vancouver

2. San Jose

3. Detroit

4. Chicago

5. Calgary

6. Los Angeles

7. Phoenix

8. St. Louis

9. Nashville

10.Colorado

11.Anaheim

12.Edmonton

13.Minnesota

14.Dallas

15.Columbus

East

1. Washington

2. New Jersey

3. Boston

4. Pittsburgh

5. Philadelphia

6. Buffalo

7. Toronto

8. Tampa Bay

9. Atlanta

10.NY Rangers

11.Montreal

12.Ottawa

13.NY Islanders

14.Carolina

15.Florida

In the east - 5-12 is going to be a tight race! Tor and TB should slip into the last couple slots. Montreal will come back to earth, NYR and Atl just miss the playoffs. I don't think the Leafs will be as bad, and could pull off a decent year. Philly might be undone by their lack of goaltending. New Jersey won't be a surprise team - they are a good hockey team.

In the west - Vancouver has a very strong year, as the do the Sharks. Detroit will have a better year, mostly because of a weaker division and a weaker Chicago team. Hawks will be still capable of having a good run though. Edmonton improves, but still finishes low - weak goaltending and minimal experience - exciting team to watch though.

Cup winner could come from any of: Vancouver, New Jersey, Chicago, Pittsburgh - outside chance of Detroit, Washington.

My guess:

*Washington

*Buffalo

*New Jersey

Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

Boston

Tampa Bay

Ottawa

Montreal

NY Rangers

Carolina

NY Islanders

Atlanta

Florida

Toronto

*Vancouver

*Detroit

*San Jose

Chicago

Calgary

Los Angeles

St. Louis

Phoenix

Nashville

Colorado

Minnesota

Dallas

Anaheim

Columbus

Edmonton

East: WAS and TBL beat up on the weak Southeast division. Northeast also looks a little weak and I'm taking BUF as they appear to be back on the rise. BOS will sink with injuries but has great goalies and OTT is strong up front. I have NJD edging PIT and PHI because I think bringing in Kovalchuk and Volchenkov will more than make up for the loss of Martin.

West: VAN is going to beat up on the weak Northwest division and I think CGY will have a lot of bounceback players with something to prove. CHI is a lot weaker so DET will regain their division and STL sneaks in. SJS won't be able to beat up on their division as much and LAK and PHX both get in.

For the Cup I will say Vancouver over Buffalo. I just think that strong defense and goaltending will make a bit of a return this year.

The top 3 in each conference and the bottom 4 in the East seem fairly straight forward, but obviously the unexpected can and does happen. Four right down to fifeteen in the West and four to twelve in the East are a crap shoot, but here's my best guess:

West

1. Detroit

2. San Jose

3. Vancouver

4. Anahiem

5. Chicago

6. Los Angeles

7. Colorado

8. St. Louis

9. Phoenix

10. Calgary

11. Edmonton

12. Nashville

13. Minnesota

14. Dallas

15. Columbus

East

1. Washington

2. New Jersey

3. Buffalo

4. Pittsburgh

5. Philadelphia

6. Montreal

7. NY Rangers

8. Tampa Bay

9. Boston

10. Ottawa

11.Carolina

12. Toronto

13. Atlanta

14. NY Islanders

15. Florida

Cup Prediction - Buffalo over Vancouver.