Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2010-2011 predictions

The Devils are going to surprise a lot of people

The Southeast is going to be very competitive

The Leafs are still going to suck, but won't finish last in the conference

Chicago will not repeat (kills me to say this) and will not win their division

The Devils are going to surprise a lot of people

The Southeast is going to be very competitive

The Leafs are still going to suck, but won't finish last in the conference

Chicago will not repeat (kills me to say this) and will not win their division

This will be a year for Washington, possibly quite competitive with Pens.

Also in the west Sharks will continue being the dominant team. Will they do well in the playoffs too?

East- Pens

West- Sharks (Detroit will come back strong and Van could challenge)

Stanley Cup- Pens, Sid will be strong, Malkin is going to bounce back huge and the D is much better.

Surprise team - Lightning, St Louis could have a big year

Drop off- Chicago has had to much change in one year to stay at the top.

It won't be a good year, but as a life long fan, the Oil are going to be fun to watch.

I don't see how the Penguins are much of a threat in the Playoffs. They may make it past the first round but they are such a Helicopter team. Just shut down Malkin and Crosby.

The Southeast looks like a two horse race that will depend almost entirely on whether Varlamov is really capable of carrying the load in Washington. They could be a team looking for veteran help between the pipes come December.

I'm expecting much better from the Bruins this season with the addition of Horton to hopefully provide some of that missing scoring from last year. The B's will bring along Seguin exactly how they brought along Bergeron, starting him off as a third line winger. I expect them to battle for the Northeast.

Phoenix will make the second round and the Kings just might sneak into the Western Conference finals.

I don't see how the Penguins are much of a threat in the Playoffs. They may make it past the first round but they are such a Helicopter team. Just shut down Malkin and Crosby.

People made the same assesment in 08 & 09.

Yes, "just" do that! Sorry I don't mean to poke fun...but it ain't that easy to do.

Yes, "just" do that! Sorry I don't mean to poke fun...but it ain't that easy to do.

Red wings completely shut down Malkin in the 08 finals, but Sid was a force. Malkin is too streaky in the playoffs, thats what makes or breaks them.

This will be a year for Washington, possibly quite competitive with Pens.

I don't think the Pens have the depth they need and some friends that are close to the Caps organization have convinced me they will not win with the current players, staff and front office. They need major changes in order to win the cup.

I'm going to jump on the Devils' bandwagon here too; I think Zach Parise will make the next step up the stardom ladder. Parise will have his first 50 goal campaign and challenge for the Rocket Richard Trophy. Brodeur will bounce back after a seemingly sub-par year.

Edmonton with its Youth Movement will be competitive and very exciting to watch play but just miss the play-offs.

Dallas will be mid-pack in the Western Conference led by Morrow, Richards and Eriksson. They'll shock their first round opponent but be put out in the second round.

LAK, anyone?

I'd love to see them do well. My guess is 5-7 seed out West. I think that winning a round is realistic... maybe two depending on matchups.

I'd love to see them do well. My guess is 5-7 seed out West. I think that winning a round is realistic... maybe two depending on matchups.

They're going to have a tough season with PHX and SJ in the same division.

I think it will be Vancouver and San Jose challenging for the top two spots in the West. I'm not sure who else watched the Vancouver and SJ game last night, but Vancouver's depth looks pretty awesome. There's a lot of skill there this year. I want to see Detroit do well, but I'm still a little skeptical right now. I see them being in the top 5 atleast though.

Caps will do well offensively, but still struggle defensively. I'm not sure I see them doing as well as last year though in the regular season, but maybe they make up for it in the playoffs. Kinda doubt it though.

As far as surprises, I think the Kings and the Lightning are going to be dark horses. The Kings have the young talent, and I think within the next few years they're going to be solid contenders for the top spot in the West.

The caps success rides alot on how well the youngsters - alzner, Carlson, johansson,perrault, neuvy, and varlamov do. I think they can improve on last year with those guys on the roster.

For supprises, I think Tampa and possibly Atlanta will be the teams to look for.

Pit and Bos in the east SJ and Van in the West. Is this the year the Cup comes home to Canada? Suprises are TBL and STL

I think Washington and Philly will be battling for the top spot provided Philly gets decent goaltending. Pittsburgh's way too thin on the wings and they've lost their PP QB. I think they will be stronger defensively though so that may help them in the long run.

Out west, I see Vancouver finishing on top and would watch out for Detroit. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will bounce back.

I see a Philly/Vancouver matchup for the cup final with Vancouver finishing on top because of better goaltending.

I like this :)

Out west I'm thinking Vancouver will make it to the SCF, with the final 4 being VAN, SJ, LA, PHX. Colorado doesnt make the playoffs. In the East I think bounceback years for Fleury and Malkin combined with a better defense put Pittsburgh in the hunt. Washington will probably finish tops in the East, and Boston will have a great year with their new blood. Buffalo will miss the playoffs. Tampa will make the playoffs.

Final four out east - WSH, PIT, NJ, BOS..

SCF VAN - PIT

I don't follow the East too much but here are my West predicitons...

1. Canucks

2. Sharks

3. Blackhawks

4. Kings

5. Red Wings

6. Coyotes

7. Flames

8. Avalanche

9. Predators

10. Wild

11. Blues

12. Stars

13. Ducks

14. Blue Jackets

15. Oilers

Not based on any statistics but mostly a gut feeling. I wanna see how well I called this when all is said and done.

In the East. The Caps are gonna fail again, Pittsburgh is going to be strong, The Lighting are going to be really fun to watch.

I'm just gonna keep it simple and do the standings version.

West

1. Vancouver

2. Detroit

3. San Jose

4. Chicago

5. Calgary

6. Los Angeles

7. Phoenix

8. Edmonton

East

1. Washington

2. New Jersey