Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

The 2010-2011 Suspension Thread

I agree, but it's not like the Pens shy away from making those hits.

I try to judge things based on the act, not what others do. And it's a little bit of a broad brush to go from Cooke and a Kunitz hit to imply some kind of systemic mindset.

I try to judge things based on the act, not what others do. And it's a little bit of a broad brush to go from Cooke and a Kunitz hit to imply some kind of systemic mindset.

Dupuis is no angel either. The same could be said for Talbot, or Orpik or Asham, or Letang, or Rupp, or Godard or... the point is, the current roster has a lot of guys known for finishing their checks, no matter what position the other guy is in.

And.... that is the right call you think?

I've stated my disagreement with Colin Campbell's methods many, many times.

Dupuis is no angel either. The same could be said for Talbot, or Orpik or Asham, or Letang, or Rupp, or Godard or... the point is, the current roster has a lot of guys known for finishing their checks, no matter what position the other guy is in.

You're the first person who's lumping these guys in some kind of dirty category. If they are your line in the sand, 80% of the NHL falls into that bucket. Lots of guys have finished a check that is probably across the line, to say they have shown a pattern is a long stretch IMO.

You're the first person who's lumping these guys in some kind of dirty category. If they are your line in the sand, 80% of the NHL falls into that bucket. Lots of guys have finished a check that is probably across the line, to say they have shown a pattern is a long stretch IMO.

It's not about guys that "have finished a check". It's about guys that hit late or engaged players on every shift. Every team has those guys, some more than others.

It's not about guys that "have finished a check". It's about guys that hit late or engaged players on every shift. Every team has those guys, some more than others.

I didn't misunderstand your point, I contended that you are the first person to point at some on your list as being included in that category.

He hit him from behind, it was boarding but come on, they can't suspend him for that can they?

So far, my best method for predicting whether Campbell will suspend a player for a hit comes down to heads or tails.

I hope Campbell doesn't try to even up for not suspending Chara for the Pacioreti hit by suspending Lucic for game 7. I didn't think that even warranted 5 and a game, the MTL player turned his back to the play and Lucic finished his check. Not a clean hit, Lucic hit a player in a vulnerable position but I thought it would be 2 for boarding or hitting from behind. I think the refs went a little overboard because of the injury and this being MTL BOS in the playoffs and not wanting it to get out of control. Hopefully no suspension.

Lucic won't be suspended...but even if he was going to be, Colie's henchmen would be handling it. He is not involved in decisions affecting Boston, 'cause his kid plays there.