Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n3ss

Ondrej Pavelec collapses on ice

yeah.. it was only like 2 minutes into the game so i can't imagine it was a result of something that happened in-game..

Latest update I've received on #Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec is good. I heard he's conscious and vital signs now appear to be normal.

http://twitter.com/RealKyper

Thats good to hear but probably not good to just lose consciousness on ice.

yeah.. it was only like 2 minutes into the game so i can't imagine it was a result of something that happened in-game..

I was watching the game when it happened, really strange situation and no visible reason for it to happen. Really freaky situation.

It kind of reminded me of when I went out at the cafeteria in college. I had been drinking the night before, and hadn't eaten yet by 2 the next day, so we went to the food hall, and as I was waiting in line for an omelette I started to see spots. next thing I knew I was on the floor. My buddy said I went right off the soup cart and down. he cracked his head on the way down it looked like, so that may have prolonged his unconciousness. I had a drop in blood sugar that caused mine. hour in the hospital and I was good.

I was at the game in the upper deck behind Pavs. I was kinda watching him. he just came out during the stoppage to skate around like goalies do and just collapsed. I thought he was just messing around at first. I was expecting snow angels but when the ref started motioning for the team doctor seated behind the Thrashers bench I knew something was really wrong. I think he was unconscious the entire time.

lastest word is that he's awake and asking about the score. which by the way was a win for the Thrashers! :)

Since it looks like he's fine now, we can laugh at the headline on Fark.

Atlanta Thrashers' goaltender collapses months ahead of his team's scheduled collapse

months? that's being generous! ;)

seriously though, I have a friend who ran out and bought season tix after last night's win. crazy. I remember a few years ago the Thrashers crushed the Caps on opening night something like 8-2 and then stunk it up for the remainder of the season. while it WAS a more, physical, entertaining game to watch I'll still be very surprised if they're playing the 3rd week of April.

could have been dehydration and a simple faint, but he cracked his head going down knocking him out for so long.

Thats what happened to my brother. First day of boot camp, they were in line for haircuts and he collapsed. Said he didn't realize how much he was sweating and that he hadn't had food or water yet, and just went down. Luckily there was a guy there to catch him and the rest of the company rushed to get him water.

I just don't see a pro athlete not hydrating before a game, but you never know, it's possible.

I hope he doesn't have the same kind of heart issue that Cherepanov had. This sounds almost exactly like what happened to Cherry, but thankfully the NHL mandates all teams have a paramedic staff and ambulance on hand while at games.

I hope he doesn't have the same kind of heart issue that Cherepanov had. This sounds almost exactly like what happened to Cherry, but thankfully the NHL mandates all teams have a paramedic staff and ambulance on hand while at games.

that's what i was worried about as well - i am assuming the doctors ran every test they could on him or at least i hope so.