Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiSeOnFiRe

2010-11 Islanders Thread

So the Islanders have started off the season 2-1-2 without Okpsos, Streit, and as of last night, Tavares.

Josh Bailey has seriously grown up, both physically and mentally. Hes got the strength and confidence to do things this year he simply could not do last season. Through 5 games he has 3g, and 4a. I think hes really going to break out this year.

On D, we are about 4395573489573X better than we were last year, and thats without Streit. Wisniewski has played great for us, really makes our PP go. Eaton and Martinek are looking as solid as a shutdown pair as any other in the league thus far. Jurcina also brings his wicked shot to the table, which he used last night for 2 goals.

In net, Rolo is as steady as always, and so far DP looks decent with some rust that is to be expected.

This team is looking like a totally different one than the year before. Their confidence seems to be at an all time high and it shows in the game. Don't be surprised to see these kids push for a 8-6 spot in the east.

This team is looking like a totally different one than the year before. Their confidence seems to be at an all time high and it shows in the game. Don't be surprised to see these kids push for a 8-6 spot in the east.

you just described the leafs too :tongue: it'll be a good game tmr. i really like how bailey's playing like you said, caught my eye when im flipping between games

you just described the leafs too :tongue: it'll be a good game tmr. i really like how bailey's playing like you said, caught my eye when im flipping between games

I know! I noticed the leafs playing great hockey too. Hopefully we can get this old rivalry rejuvenated! Best of luck tomorrow.

Saw that. He's going to wear them for one game and auction them off.

Islanders defeated the previously unbeaten Leafs tonight. Bailey got hurt early on and did not return (Are we kidding with the injuries right now???) but he should be good to go in a couple of days.

Overall the game was poor from an Islander standpoint, besides the 1st period, the forecheck just was not there. Thankfully the 41 yr old Roloson was there to save the day with some spectacular saves.

JT had the game winner in OT with a slapper from the right circle. If he can knock in a couple of goals like that per year, the rough ones down low are gonna come a lot easier. Overall not the best game, but our revamped D played well and we got 2 points on the road.

Urgh. The injuries are catching up to them finally. Not that they would have been amazing with them... Okpsoso, Streit, MacDonald. 3 HUUUGE players for this team. #1 and 2 Dmen out will cripple every team. Mottau was not signed to play this many minutes, and Hillen and Gerveis were not supposed to be playing at all. I knew the season was doomed once Streit went down. Maybe we can see from big strides from Bailey and Tavares while having DiPi shake off the rust (personally I think hes finished). If they are a lotto team again it won't be because they are god awful this year. Maybe this is a blessing? Grab that Swedish Dman because of injuries this year and come on stronger next? Urgh. so sad to be thinking of lotto picks in November, but what can you do.

Question:

Why is it when the Islanders wear the home throwback style jersey, they have no manufacturer logos on the cuffs and no extra stitching or patterns? I noticed this tonight during the rangers-islanders game. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Also, wow almost the entire team wears Warrior 4 rolls.

Okay, I was actually wrong. But, it seems Konopka and possibly a couple of others are wearing what looks to be some kind of Warrior (not a 4 roll, was wrong about that, though I think someone else may have been wearing a 4 roll) glove, as it had the W on the inner cuff (noticed when they were going to the locker room).

You can see pics here:

107271333.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E642A3164F21902C005169CC7CF2170FEF37AB29F5D411AB75

107271347.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6143F978C9098A6CD5169CC7CF2170FEF5539F0AD558DFC29

Okay, I was actually wrong. But, it seems Konopka and possibly a couple of others are wearing what looks to be some kind of Warrior (not a 4 roll, was wrong about that, though I think someone else may have been wearing a 4 roll) glove, as it had the W on the inner cuff (noticed when they were going to the locker room).

You can see pics here:

PIC

PIC

Konopka wears Harrow, they did not pay the NHL fee for branding therefore his gloves and sticks are blank.

I have a pair with Christian branding, the nylon ones are very comfy. They need repalmed right now though.

Pretty sad the best thing to talk about the Isles this season is equipment lol I was pleasantly surprised in the beginning, but figured it would be a tease.

Last night I did have an idea though for a possible offseason move. The Isles need immediate help more then another top 3 draft pick thats 3years away from making a legit impact. They should seriously consider trading the pick to a team that needs some cap space and has a true premiere player available because of the cap. Ideally, I'm looking at the Devils and hoping they can't fit Parise under the cap. I'm thinking the #1 overall (very likely at this point) plus another prospect or two for Parise. Devils get a great young/cheap player with the pick, and might already have a top 10 pick anyway. Thoughts? (besides that the Isles should have just drafted Parise to begin with please)

Pretty sad the best thing to talk about the Isles this season is equipment lol I was pleasantly surprised in the beginning, but figured it would be a tease.

Last night I did have an idea though for a possible offseason move. The Isles need immediate help more then another top 3 draft pick thats 3years away from making a legit impact. They should seriously consider trading the pick to a team that needs some cap space and has a true premiere player available because of the cap. Ideally, I'm looking at the Devils and hoping they can't fit Parise under the cap. I'm thinking the #1 overall (very likely at this point) plus another prospect or two for Parise. Devils get a great young/cheap player with the pick, and might already have a top 10 pick anyway. Thoughts? (besides that the Isles should have just drafted Parise to begin with please)

considering parise is a restricted free agent at the end of the season, it would require the isles to give significant compensation to the devils if they were to sign him to a max offer sheet(whcih is the only way the isles would be able to get him to even consider signing). something like 4 1st rounders i believe.

No one said sign him to an offer sheet while he is still a devil...just trade picks for an RFA Parise. It will be interesting to see what the Islanders do with their high draft pick...I could see them attempting to acquire a talented NHL player. Then again, they will probably say the same thing they have been saying, and stick to just drafting.

Zach

No one said sign him to an offer sheet while he is still a devil...just trade picks for an RFA Parise. It will be interesting to see what the Islanders do with their high draft pick...I could see them attempting to acquire a talented NHL player. Then again, they will probably say the same thing they have been saying, and stick to just drafting.

Zach

i might be wrong, but being he's a restricted free agent at the end of the season, i thought you have to give him an offer sheet, and if he signs and the devils don't match the offer, the devils are compensated with draft picks being he is restricted and not unrestricted...and if that offer sheet is at max, then you're looking at 4 1st rounders.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/2001free_agency/

i might be wrong, but being he's a restricted free agent at the end of the season, i thought you have to give him an offer sheet, and if he signs and the devils don't match the offer, the devils are compensated with draft picks being he is restricted and not unrestricted...and if that offer sheet is at max, then you're looking at 4 1st rounders.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/2001free_agency/

I was under the assumption that you could trade RFA's without contracts as well, I might be wrong though.

Zach

I was under the assumption that you could trade RFA's without contracts as well, I might be wrong though.

Zach

You trade the rights to the RFA, essentially the same thing. They will have to pay him big money on top of giving up the pick though and they don't have the money to spend.

So in other words, theres a very good chance Zach Parise may not be in a Devils uniform next season unless the Devils clear some cap space?

More than they paid for him. They have been very crafty at picking someone up....then flipping him shortly there after for more than they gave. Not a bad strategy in my opinion.

Zach