Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiSeOnFiRe

2010-11 Islanders Thread

More than they paid for him. They have been very crafty at picking someone up....then flipping him shortly there after for more than they gave. Not a bad strategy in my opinion.

Zach

Garth turned a 4th round pick into a 2nd and conditional 5th. And considering that Wiz was less than likely to not resign, Ill take it.

On another note, Hamonic and AMac are really playing well. Add Streit to this lineup and they have a solid D-core.

Also, traded Roloson for a solid D prospect. If they're not gonna resign, might as well trade them away.

AMac and Hamonic are looking fantastic, and not just compared to the rest of the team... they more then held their own against the Pens last week

Went to the Isles vs Flames game last night, I have to say I was very impressed, sure it was a battle of 14 vs 14, but Tavares, Parenteau and Moulson were a lot of fun to watch. Tavares 1st goal was sick! He's going to really pick it up soon.

Some more picks, Nino coming up and some guys back from injury especially Okposo, they could be a playoff contender next year, or I was just way too impressed with a 14 vs 14 game.

Of course Ricky Di left the game with the never ending sore knee, it was interesting to see Lawson play, I dated his sister for a week in high school.

I guess the Isles are trying to cement the number 1 pick this year by trading their only serviceable goaltender, NHL goaltender. Well, only, what, 12 years left on that DiPietro deal. Makes the Yashin contract look smart.

Islanders to be the 1st team with three 30 goal scorers?

End of the season should be:

Grabner- 36

Moulson- 34

Tavares- 34

Comeau- 23

Parenteau- 20

Nice to see our talent progressing during this lost season. The injury bug hit too hard too soon and that losing streak ruined the year. I'm excited about the future. AMac and Hamonic are playing some amazing hockey right now. Just need the goalie situation straightened out.

Waiting to see what the NHL response to the Isles criticism of the officiating of Saturday's game. Odds are it will not be taken well. The problem is what do you do differently. Capuano said the refs would not even talk to him about a call. Then when the assistant captain says something they give him a 10 min misconduct. The team does deserve more respect than what they are getting IMHO.

Waiting to see what the NHL response to the Isles criticism of the officiating of Saturday's game. Odds are it will not be taken well. The problem is what do you do differently. Capuano said the refs would not even talk to him about a call. Then when the assistant captain says something they give him a 10 min misconduct. The team does deserve more respect than what they are getting IMHO.

Maybe it was communicated down not to give them the time of day after what they've been causing recently. Regardless, not much is going to be said about it by the league. The NHL Protects it's officials quite well... even to a fault.

Maybe it was communicated down not to give them the time of day after what they've been causing recently. Regardless, not much is going to be said about it by the league. The NHL Protects it's officials quite well... even to a fault.

That would be quite pathetic on the NHL's part. And it was Lee and Auger reffing the game. Does anything else really need to be said?

Rick DiPietro out indefinitely with a concussion.http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/rick_dipietro_out_with_concussion/

Why was a guy with previous concuss problems wearing a Cooper 2000 helmet, retro gone bad. Think someone would have suggested he stick with a new helmet the deflects the shots off.

The Di saga continues.

Why was a guy with previous concuss problems wearing a Cooper 2000 helmet, retro gone bad. Think someone would have suggested he stick with a new helmet the deflects the shots off.

The Di saga continues.

The Johnson punch to the face fractured a part of his face where normal masks rest. This one didn't apply pressure to that area. Rolston can shoot effing hard FWIW. Doesn't matter much to me though, Montoya is our starter and he's looked great so far.

DiPietro is frusterating. Hes one of those guys I hope every year can get his shit together but clearly he cannot. I think its going to be 2 more seasons of this and retirement, its almost pitiful to watch him now.

The Johnson punch to the face fractured a part of his face where normal masks rest. This one didn't apply pressure to that area. Rolston can shoot effing hard FWIW. Doesn't matter much to me though, Montoya is our starter and he's looked great so far.

Do you understand what happens in a concussion, doesn't matter what part of your face, or head gets hit from 1 concuss to the other, your brain is affected regardless on the contact area. Not trying to be a ass, that just not how it works.

Do you understand what happens in a concussion, doesn't matter what part of your face, or head gets hit from 1 concuss to the other, your brain is affected regardless on the contact area. Not trying to be a ass, that just not how it works.

....He asked why DP was wearing the old Cooper mask, nothing I said was about concussions. It was about the fractured face.

You aren't grasping the situation and your comment could be considered insulting.

....He asked why DP was wearing the old Cooper mask, nothing I said was about concussions. It was about the fractured face.

Exactly, better protection or not, no goalie is going to wear a mask that causes pain when you put it on.