Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Butt End

How Do You have the Top of your stick?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious as to what everyone is using. I kind've like the wheelbarrow grips, but I'm generally too lazy to do them because I don't have the tools. I normally leave mine open, but this shaft is a little shorter than normal so I needed a plug. I was just curious what others prefrences are and whether or not there is an advantage to having/not having a the butt end plugged.

It all depends on the stick. Pro stocks I usually leave the top open because they're a little longer than retail. Retail I'll put in one thats cut down to about an inch. Anyone else absolutely hate Easton's plugs? They're the worst. The butt end should fit the shaft pefectly, you shouldn't be able to tell where the shaft ends and where the butt end begins. Thats my one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm not above sanding it down to make it perfectly flush with the shaft. None of this octagonal Easton shit for me...

definately not a fan of theirs. Bauer, Inno, Nike and CCM went the way of the caps. Kind've stinks, but the TPS ones are nice. I was just looking at a few today in "cap collection", the Easton butt end is unbelievably confusing for me. Why would they do that?

I used to just leave it hollow but then I realized that a wood plug helps with the feel (less vibration etc.) and usually helps make the stick feel more balanced so now I use a plug.

I've always used a plug. Wood plugs for Easton and TPS sticks and the plastic caps for Innos. The only open-ended stick I have is the retail Stealth. I can honestly say that I've noticed no difference in playing with an open end for the 1st time in my life.

I used to leave the plug in, but I found the stick was a little too long...so I took the plug out and I've been playing that way ever since...wide open...no tape over the end.

i think theres a rule for minor hockey that your not allowed to leave the end open....cause when i went to get my true1 cut (it was sold with a huge wood plug) they put in a cap after it was done, and they said that they were required to do so with all cut shafts

i think theres a rule for minor hockey that your not allowed to leave the end open....

That's true for USA Hockey sanctioned games.

Tour sticks come long but with a removable plastic cap plug, not a wood butt end...cut it to length and reinsert. I think others may be doing this as well.

Tour sticks come long but with a removable plastic cap plug, not a wood butt end...cut it to length and reinsert. I think others may be doing this as well.

Vapors and Vectors do...

i have the inno plastic cap for my 1100 and my alpha nemesis. why can't there be an open end for minor hockey?

In case you decide to butt-end someone, it hurts more if it's open.

BTW on your avatar you look kinda like me, except I dont have as much money to play around with :D

it is true that having an open end stick is illegal... i know because a kid on our team was called out by the other team for having it with 2:30 left in a game (we were tied 1-1) and it ended up costing us the game and a trip to the playoffs... :angry: