Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shawn o

Christian Hockey sold to Torspo

The famous Christian name has changed hands again. Harrow owned it, then Dustin Byfuglien saved the company from extinction. Now its been bought by Torspo.

Maybe they can get the once and still iconic name back into the NHL?

Looks like the already have a new site set up with stick artwork. Much better than what Christian is currently selling (all back sticks with dark grey lettering). You can barely tell what company even makes the stick!

Stuff on the splash screen looks more "old school"...

http://www.torspo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=42&Itemid=69

http://www.christianusahockey.com/

Now if they can just re-set the calendar 25 years and get people to buy wood sticks again, they'll be set.

Now if they can just re-set the calendar 25 years and get people to buy wood sticks again, they'll be set.

Can't find a decent wood stick anymore -- the blades are all warped.

Unless they can get them into stores, I can't see it being any kind of success. The only Christian stuff I saw was the Harrow-era wood and composite blades on clearance.

As a kid I never got new sticks, my Dad would always salvage broken woodies he'd find that older kids had abandoned. He'd throw a mylec blade on there and that's what I would use.

The point of the story? My absolute favourite sticks he would bring home were Christians. They had that funny octagonal shape (which were easier for kid hands to hold) and they were feather light. If they could get back to that kind of feeling I might give them a shot (although I hated my Harrow blade).