Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cams

Blue Ice Hockey

Did they say anything specific about it? I am very curious as to what Im getting myself into lol

Sorry about late answer...

I can't provide too much personal insight because he is a lefty and I'm a righty. He got the 90 flex stick with curve similiar to backstrom curve.

He said on ice it really felt comparable to his one60. I hope to order one soon for myself and when I do ill get more specifics. Sorry if I'm not being very helpful.

I should have mine by the end of next week, so it will be interesting to compare it to my Prostock Dolomites. For all that are waiting for my review keep in mind that I am mainly doing roller hockey now, as our ice team did not make the cut for the new season due to lack of open slots. I will try to get to a couple saturday night pick up games so I can rate it in both areas

If you listen to NHL Home Ice on Sirius (XM) in the mornings, they have a contest where you have to tell them what hand random players on your favorite team shoots with. Winner gets a Blue Ice stick...I know I could easily win if I got on air and played in the contest but haven't bothered calling in and sitting on hold or an hour.

Hi Guys,

Dave here from Blue Ice Hockey.

Thanks!

You guys considering making the SK-200 and Nano pro in lower flexes (like in the 75-77 range)? Also, what would you liken your P1 and P2 curves to in terms of Bauer and Easton curves? And do you ship from Canada, or the States?

My team was given 2 Sk-200's and 2 Nano Pros last season to try out. Granted they were not my flex or curve I felt they performed fairly well for the price they were being offered at. One of my teammates actually used the Nano for the rest of the season after we were given them.

Just got an email saying that my stick will be shipped today. Now all I have to do is see if I can leave work early next wednesday so I can make my game to use it :)

My team was given 2 Sk-200's and 2 Nano Pros last season to try out. Granted they were not my flex or curve I felt they performed fairly well for the price they were being offered at. One of my teammates actually used the Nano for the rest of the season after we were given them.

Price has nothing to do with quality. Our Nano will perform just like the $300 model from the big boys. That's why we started the company because players are paying way too much for sticks. Big price doesn't mean great quality. Just look at the top brand mid range sticks. they sell for $150-$200 are they great quality?

Dave

You guys considering making the SK-200 and Nano pro in lower flexes (like in the 75-77 range)? Also, what would you liken your P1 and P2 curves to in terms of Bauer and Easton curves? And do you ship from Canada, or the States?

Yes we are considering making lower flexes for the Nano. 77 would be the most amount of flex I think. P1 is a traditional heel curve. P2 is a traditional toe curve. I'm going to ask our lawyer if I can use player names from other companies. Not sure that I can at this time. Keep in mind we offer all the popular curves in the market.

Price has nothing to do with quality. Our Nano will perform just like the $300 model from the big boys. That's why we started the company because players are paying way too much for sticks. Big price doesn't mean great quality. Just look at the top brand mid range sticks. they sell for $150-$200 are they great quality?

Dave

That is exactly why I stated that they were not the curve and flex that I use. I couldn't get a proper feel of how they perform compared to the sticks that I use.

That is exactly why I stated that they were not the curve and flex that I use. I couldn't get a proper feel of how they perform compared to the sticks that I use.

Well get in touch with us and let us know what you are look for and we can hook you up.

Dave

LOL, seriously? Don't waste your money and use common sense.

I hear ya. Just check our website and you can probably tell who is what curve out there. Or you can get in touch with us and we can better answer.

Well get in touch with us and let us know what you are look for and we can hook you up.

Dave

I hear ya. Just check our website and you can probably tell who is what curve out there. Or you can get in touch with us and we can better answer.

You could use some better pictures of the curves; from the top down, too.

BlueIceDave, I hate that I am going to ask this, as I feel it's over-emphasized today (but it's ALWAYS a question that is asked), but could you comment on the weight of your models?

Sure no problem

Nano Pro 435 grams

SK 200 (senior) 500 grams

Not sure about the intermediate and junior. But will find out.

Dave

BlueIceDave, I hate that I am going to ask this, as I feel it's over-emphasized today (but it's ALWAYS a question that is asked), but could you comment on the weight of your models?

Sure no problem

Nano Pro 435 grams

SK 200 (senior) 500 grams

Not sure about the intermediate and junior. But will find out.

Dave

You could use some better pictures of the curves; from the top down, too.

Going to doa reshoot asap

Im ready to get rolling on this :biggrin: lets get that site updated

Don't foget vanDamm, Rico, etc...I could go on and on. we need more 80's action heroes represented. Oh wait didn't the johnson start like this!

I tried a couple of the blue ice sticks, the nano and the intermediate flex one, whatever it's called. I tried it at full length so it's hard to say exactly but they definitely felt better than the price would suggest. I'm not gonna sit here and say they're on par with the top of the line sticks like the SE16 (probably my favorite stick), but it's a good stick for what they're charging.

I tried a couple of the blue ice sticks, the nano and the intermediate flex one, whatever it's called. I tried it at full length so it's hard to say exactly but they definitely felt better than the price would suggest. I'm not gonna sit here and say they're on par with the top of the line sticks like the SE16 (probably my favorite stick), but it's a good stick for what they're charging.

Again price has nothing to do with quality. Our Nano would provide a better experience than the stick you mentioned. Guys remember yoyu are paying for marketing, endorsement fees, NHL rights fees and retail. That is why your sticks cost so much.

Dave

Why not just name the patterns with a number like "88". The most annoying thing to me when it comes to different companies is knowing which pattern matches another brand.

Just a suggestion.