Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

All Star Captains Named

TORONTO - The NHL's all-star teams will be selected by Eric Staal and Nicklas Lidstrom.

They have been named captains for the Jan. 30 game at RBC Center in Raleigh and will lead teams carrying their name.

Staal plays for the hometown Carolina Hurricanes while Lidstrom is the current captain of the Detroit Red Wings.

The all-stars themselves voted on the captains.

The event is using a revamped format this year that will see Staal and Lidstrom select their teams in a live draft two days before the game.

The alternate captains are still to be determined. They will also provide input during the draft.

I guess the NHL is trying to prevent the embarrassment of having a captain like Crosby boycott.

I guess the NHL is trying to prevent the embarrassment of having a captain like Crosby boycott.

Or avoid the possibility of him missing the game due to injury.

awwww would've been funny to see lidstrom picked last. I guess now it should be darren dreger's idea of picking the youngest guy last sorry matt duchene

It was exclusively a player vote. PR and Marketing did not come into play.

It was exclusively a player vote.

And the players got it right. A home team guy and the best defenseman of his generation at the end of his career.