Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Combat Catalogue

I've had a chance to mess-around with the Pure a bit. Very nice stick. Solid, well-balanced. The weave is very reminiscent of the old Inno braid.

COMBAT has their new PURE stick this year. Their 45 Caliber Reloaded is the best stick for the price on the market. Bullet Proof and great balance and weight.

These guys are the next big thing in the hockey world.

Is the Pure stick available yet?? If so where???

I called Hockeytron a few weeks ago and they said they had some in stock. I was going to try one out, but they didn't have the HCR curve in stock yet!

Is the shape of the 52 Cal R shaft/stick comparable to anything? Easton Cyclone, Mission Metamorphic, Bauer X60 style rounded edges or what? I'm seriously considering it as my next shaft, but no one around here deals with Combat and I have no way of knowing how it feels or plays. If they're as light and strong as everyone says, I'm ordering one.

I haven't had a lot of experience with them so another poster might elaborate, but from what I've felt and from what the local Combat rep told me, the shaft shape is indeed what it says; perhaps even a touch rounder than the X:60 corners. As for weight/balance, I compared it to my One95 at about 1.5 inches longer and the 52cal was perhaps the slightest heavier.

The shaft they had out right before they officially became Combat and were still labeling their sticks as Ballistik was one of the rounder shafts I've used. Loved it. Sold it to fatwabbit, actually. Not sure if he still has it, but you could ask him for some more feedback on it. Been a while since I've actually held one.

I haven't had a lot of experience with them so another poster might elaborate, but from what I've felt and from what the local Combat rep told me, the shaft shape is indeed what it says; perhaps even a touch rounder than the X:60 corners. As for weight/balance, I compared it to my One95 at about 1.5 inches longer and the 52cal was perhaps the slightest heavier.

That's certainly a plus. Would you be able to tell me if they still play stiffer than rated? A local shop here used to carry Ballistik's 45 and 50 Cal OPS and despite a bunch of them being rated at 90 flex, they all truly felt extremely stiff, like 100-105+.

That's certainly a plus. Would you be able to tell me if they still play stiffer than rated? A local shop here used to carry Ballistik's 45 and 50 Cal OPS and despite a bunch of them being rated at 90 flex, they all truly felt extremely stiff, like 100-105+.

The rep told me that their 80 flex plays out like other's 75 and 77 in general. However I can't confirm that for you because the stick he gave me to try (it was his own obv) was an 80 flex cut down some

I have the Combat 52cal shaft in 80 flex and paired it with one of their blades. In my opinion, I thought that the shaft seemed very whippy, even at 80 flex with a couple inches chopped off. I also thought that the combo felt pretty blade heavy. I haven't paired the shaft with any other blades yet though.