Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ralphiv#13

Floorball?

I was just looking to see if anyone has heard of this? I have just recently purchased a floorball stick to work on my stick handling for hockey and am loving it! Just wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions about this?

I know its not really equipment related but I thought because it is a good training equipment tool I'd put it here.

It's a lot of fun, I played it for about 6 years before I started playing hockey. It has helped me a lot with stick handling

I was just looking to see if anyone has heard of this? I have just recently purchased a floorball stick to work on my stick handling for hockey and am loving it! Just wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions about this?

I know its not really equipment related but I thought because it is a good training equipment tool I'd put it here.

There is a high school here in Hamilton that sent a group of students to the worlds last year. It is catching on big time around here. Even the big Pro Hockey Life store is selling floor ball gear. Next up, bandy.

Thanks! Its starting to catch on here in Southern Alberta too, my LHS has started selling them and wasn't sure if it had really caught on anywhere else.

Also thanks to whoever moved my topic! :tongue:

the game started catching on around my area (GTA) within the past couple of years. my school went to an all-ontario high school tournament for it in our first year with the program. it was great experience and amazing to see the game played at a high level. it is a lot more fast paced than ball hockey and a lot more skill based as well with the lack of stick anc body checking allowed. great game and really improves your stickhandling as well as your release.

I spent time in Sweden in the early 90's after high school and it is a professional sport there. There is a trend in the southern NH area with a shop or two carrying sticks and things. Check out some of the stick handling videos on youtube.

Yes, I've heard that it was quite popular in Europe and was wondering if anyone had an experience. I am enjoying handling the ball lots and I'm sure it'll help my puck control on the ice!

I spent time in Sweden in the early 90's after high school and it is a professional sport there. There is a trend in the southern NH area with a shop or two carrying sticks and things. Check out some of the stick handling videos on youtube.

what shops carry floorball stuff?

he mentioned southern nh, so I was wondering what stores around there carried the floorball stuff

Honestly I have no clue, I live in Canada and don't usually do to much research about NH. Sorry.

he mentioned southern nh, so I was wondering what stores around there carried the floorball stuff

One I found was Arena Sports in Hooksett, just north of Tri-Town Arena. He had just got ashipment of sticks and balls in from Salming. He mentioned there was a small group in the area that was playing.

One I found was Arena Sports in Hooksett, just north of Tri-Town Arena. He had just got ashipment of sticks and balls in from Salming. He mentioned there was a small group in the area that was playing.

That sounds like where I live too. For us it hasn't been around long.

little too far west for me to go browse, but nice to know there's somewhere I could go if I needed anything

I find floorball a good game to develop game sense, it's not as fast-paced as ice hockey so you have more time to think and look what to do. It's also great for beginners, no need to invest large sums on equipment.

Starting to pick up around Vancouver. According to my HS gym teacher, there's talk of some sort of league starting up.

Same with Southern Alberta, I heard they were going to see if the public school district wanted to use them instead of floorhockey.

Back about 9-10 years ago a LHS here in Chicago had some of the sticks and they advertised them for improving stickhandling. Back then I was 11 so I didn't really have a knowledge that it was more than that. Now I wish I would have picked it up.

We play here in a local school gym here in northern michigan, lot of fun and great cardio at the same time. The gym we use is rather small, so it requiers pretty quick decision making.