Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I skated in Bronze? Strong Michigan presence here.

I skated for Bronze with the High5's so we probably didn't talk much during the tourney. But let us know which you pick. The great deals on the Tour skates had me tossing back and fourth also, but in the end I decided to go with the CA7 and cant wait for them to come next Thursday.

I'm literally sitting on IW with the CA9's in my cart...just contemplating. I've been here for over an hour doing this. Not sure why...but I am so worried about the boot holding up after this Tour EX-1 debacle..

If there is a problem with the EX-1 please enlighten us, my cousin bought those while they were on sale and I want him to be making the best decision for his needs.

I really like the look of the inline skates, I will have to give them a try once my current pair of skates get worn out (which doesn't seem to take long since I am usually playing on asphalt). Looks like a lot of thought was put into the skate design.

Since your focus is on roller, any research and development going into a better replaceable ABS blade? Seems like everything but the CCM Crossover either has a common break point or has a lot of give with pucks.

You can wear them in, but I highly recommend baking them. The material we used is specially designed to take the shape of your foot with heat. However, you can definitely break them in by just wearing them.

As for the ABS stick, or CA3 stick has a nice and rigid ABS blade. Give them a try, and I think you will be pleased.

You can wear them in, but I highly recommend baking them. The material we used is specially designed to take the shape of your foot with heat. However, you can definitely break them in by just wearing them.

As for the ABS stick, or CA3 stick has a nice and rigid ABS blade. Give them a try, and I think you will be pleased.

I didn't realize that one had an ABS blade. My problem with the composite+ABS sticks is that I don't feel like I get my money's worth out of the composite shaft since once the blade goes, the shaft is no longer useful.

To be fair to that style of product, with how many Sherwoods/Eastons/Koho Ultimates blade replacements I've broken before they were even half worn, if the CA3 survives through most of it's blade while staying stiff, it could still be worth the extra $40 over a normal replacement.

I will keep them in mind when the next blade goes. Thanks for the quick reply!

I skated for Bronze with the High5's so we probably didn't talk much during the tourney. But let us know which you pick. The great deals on the Tour skates had me tossing back and fourth also, but in the end I decided to go with the CA7 and cant wait for them to come next Thursday.

If there is a problem with the EX-1 please enlighten us, my cousin bought those while they were on sale and I want him to be making the best decision for his needs.

I skated on Necto, you guys beat us 5-4 in the ship.

The EX-1 boot is awful, breaks down extremely quickly. Every other person I have talked to that has them, including a 14 year old that weighs 110lbs, has had issues with the boot breaking down very quickly. I have creases everywhere, and it feels like I have noodles wrapped around my feet.

Alkali's skates seem to be far better constructed.

Best line ever "...and it feels like I have noodles wrapped around my feet"

ha ha awesome.

These Alkali look great, first line of skates I've been excited about, kinda the same feeling I had as a kid seeing the new Missions back in the days of Proto V etc.

Yeah. There are some vendors done in the SE. 5Hole in Carolina is carrying it, and you can contact our rep: Craig Fortner <craigfort@aol.com> and he can also help.

Yeah. There are some vendors done in the SE. 5Hole in Carolina is carrying it, and you can contact our rep: Craig Fortner <craigfort@aol.com> and he can also help.

Good to know! Thanks

Justin, any last minute objections to mounting an 80-80-76-76 frame to your CA7 boot? My uneducated mind is telling me to ask about the aggressive pitch, the shape of the outsole, exc. if I am going to have any glaring issues with the result I want to be careful about voiding my warranty.

I am interested in the skates for my son. I am trying to find out if the y11 and y12 are 3 or 4 wheel.

I like the aggressive pitch on the boot. He primarily plays ice and has been skating on wedged ice skates since 3. He is starting to play a little roller and is practicing with the Quakes and another club team out of Rollin Ice in San Jose. The skate looks great but I am worried about boot depth as he can't wear Bauer or Easton because they aren't deep enough. Can you also advise what the ca3 in youth fits like.

Inlinepro: I cannot comment on switching out the chassis, but I would recommend trying the skates with the stock chassis for at least 5-6 games. Once you give it some time, I think you will be happy with the results.

ahbroody: Y11 is a 3 wheel 59mm and Y12 is a 4 wheel 59. Our skate are fairly deep, so I think he will fit in our skates.

Justin, do these skates HAVE to be heat molded? I tried them on at the shop and was getting insane heel lift (you said the heels were narrow?). Would a bake remedy this?

Edited by kovalchuk71

ahbroody: Y11 is a 3 wheel 59mm and Y12 is a 4 wheel 59. Our skate are fairly deep, so I think he will fit in our skates.

Justin while it likely won't matter because if I buy I will get the 12s, but yesterday asked on facebook page also. Someone from your company replied y11 and y12 have four wheels. The new Reebok 3k with labeda chasis also have 4 wheels in y11 and y12. I think 59 also so I would think yours also?

completely not you guys, but HGiant sucks huge. I called them a few days ago the guy said he figured 3 wheels, asked if he could check and said none around. Emailed customer service asking to have the warehouse snap a picture they ignored request and said they believe 3 wheels. Responded asking them to please just have someone in the warehouse look at skate. They never responded. They suck. I understand they are a huge Etailer but their CS is $hit. I didn't think asking them to physically look at a product they're selling was a bizarre or unreasonable request.

IW is awesome but they aren't carrying the youth only Jr and Sr so couldn't ask them.

Extremely impressed after my first skate with the CA7, they are more comfortable than my twice-baked (and broken in) RX60's and I haven't even put them in the oven yet! I will post more thoughts after my tournament this weekend.

Extremely impressed after my first skate with the CA7, they are more comfortable than my twice-baked (and broken in) RX60's and I haven't even put them in the oven yet! I will post more thoughts after my tournament this weekend.

MIHA tourney? Have fun playing the Phoenix ;).

Nick Smolinski will be wearing the CA9's. Got them yesterday and didnt take them off for 8+ hours.

I'm still on the fence.

Justin I called you guys and left a VM a couple days ago..havent heard anything back yet though.

Justin, do these skates HAVE to be heat molded? I tried them on at the shop and was getting insane heel lift (you said the heels were narrow?). Would a bake remedy this?

Yes, the skates can change when heat fitted. I am surprise you are having heal lift, as I have a very narrow heel and have no lift.

Justin while it likely won't matter because if I buy I will get the 12s, but yesterday asked on facebook page also. Someone from your company replied y11 and y12 have four wheels. The new Reebok 3k with labeda chasis also have 4 wheels in y11 and y12. I think 59 also so I would think yours also?

completely not you guys, but HGiant sucks huge. I called them a few days ago the guy said he figured 3 wheels, asked if he could check and said none around. Emailed customer service asking to have the warehouse snap a picture they ignored request and said they believe 3 wheels. Responded asking them to please just have someone in the warehouse look at skate. They never responded. They suck. I understand they are a huge Etailer but their CS is $hit. I didn't think asking them to physically look at a product they're selling was a bizarre or unreasonable request.

IW is awesome but they aren't carrying the youth only Jr and Sr so couldn't ask them.

I just walked out to the warehouse and looked again: Y11 is a 3 wheel 59mm and Y12 is a 4 wheel 59. Sorry for the confusion.

MIHA tourney? Have fun playing the Phoenix ;).

Nick Smolinski will be wearing the CA9's. Got them yesterday and didnt take them off for 8+ hours.

I'm still on the fence.

Justin I called you guys and left a VM a couple days ago..havent heard anything back yet though.

Not sure whose mailbox you left a message, but you can e-mail me at justin@alkalihockey.com with your questions.

Yes, the skates can change when heat fitted. I am surprise you are having heal lift, as I have a very narrow heel and have no lift.

I just walked out to the warehouse and looked again: Y11 is a 3 wheel 59mm and Y12 is a 4 wheel 59. Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure whose mailbox you left a message, but you can e-mail me at justin@alkalihockey.com with your questions.

It was Jay. I had a huge debate on FB and someone on your FB account told me to call you guys and talk to Cook. Emailing you now.

Skates arrived today, just baked them. I've got 8 games between now and Monday. They feel amazing and are really impressive in person. The forward pitch and wheel base provides for a very tight turning radius, faster acceleration and pretty good top end speed. I'll report back more as I skate in them this weekend...but this is my initial impression.

Also, the CA7 pants fit great and are super light, and the backpag bag is unreal. The vent ports are awesome, and it seems extremely durable.

I am going to try the skates on on Saturday. I really want to stick with a straight-80 set-up, but am afraid that the forward pitch will be a tough transition from my Tour's.... I have a lot of weight on the front end as it is!!!

Are there any retailers in the area that are selling Alkali right now? Detroit MI area, currently one of the league directors here and would love to find a shop with Alkali gear.

Btw, hello AENutrition and InlinePro77 :rolleyes:

Are there any retailers in the area that are selling Alkali right now? Detroit MI area, currently one of the league directors here and would love to find a shop with Alkali gear.

Btw, hello AENutrition and InlinePro77 :rolleyes:

I've told this guy ten times to just buy them online! sheesh!

In Michigan, you can go to Total Roller Hockey in Novi. More dealers will be getting product shortly. If your local dealer isn't carrying us yet, tell them they need to. :)

Also, our website is up with a ton of good product videos: www.alkalihockey.com