Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

NHL considers banning "Green Men"

Not the Green Men...but there was a fan with a sign (He waited until the whistle to hold it up...not blocking anyone's view - nice fan) that said:

"Hey Mr. Underwood...tell Carrie to stop calling me - I'm married!"

LOL

Come on, wife jokes? Seriously, what's next some mother and sister jokes? I'd be impressed if there was something I hadn't heard in third grade.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playoffs/Vancouver/2011/05/09/18121091.html

"Best part about it came after the TV cameras left the scene when Fisher noticed them and burst out laughing. He even exchanged a few playful words with them.

“I was going to give her a kiss, but I thought it was too serious of a game,” said Fisher with a laugh afterwards.

“If it was a regular-season game, I would have.”"

awesome

Also worth mentioning there is a thread on facebook "should they stay or should they go". There are 13,000 votes for stay, and 755 votes for go

Of course Canucks fans are going to vote for them to stay, but if they showed up in Philly or Detroit I think they would be met with hostility.

I personally don't mind the actual people themselves (met them a few times in Nashville) but there is a point where an angry NHL player is going to lose his cool a la Rypien. Irony?

Of course Canucks fans are going to vote for them to stay, but if they showed up in Philly or Detroit I think they would be met with hostility.

I personally don't mind the actual people themselves (met them a few times in Nashville) but there is a point where an angry NHL player is going to lose his cool a la Rypien. Irony?

Of course, but it's even half of big enough deal to talk about banning them.

I almost died laughing when the green men had a big box of waffles vs Toronto.

In other news, the NEW Vancouver penalty-box entertainment is much better. I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about.. rofl.

There is a NSFW pic of the above mentioned "entertainment" floating around the interweb. Before someone gets the bright idea to post it, Be warned: You will forfeit your privledges here if you do.

It's unfortunate that everything devolves to the point where courtesy and decorum are derided. Civility, courtesy and kindness have taken a back seat in almost every facet of life. Idiocracy, here we come.

Seriously, the world is not cut and dry like that. Civility left society a long time ago. The green men are out there and as long as they aren't violating any rules they can continue to participate. The moment the league says they are out and banned so be it. If individual venues want to band them that's ok too. But their behavior pales in comparison to some of the stuff out there. Until then people need to quit acting like they are out there threatening people. The issue of drunks at games threatening visiting fans is a bigger a bunch of dudes in green garb. Ask the Giants fan that got beat into unconsciousness in LA or watch the link below. The greenmen have nothing on these fans in terms of negative behavior. How about the league and people focus on making sure people can be safe from the fans themselves before they start worrying about a bunch of guys carrying cutouts and waffles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cbROiQit8U&feature=player_embedded

The banning of the green men by the NHL seems to be a non-issue now. They're featured in several stories and videos on NHL.com

WOW..... After seeing that video I'm not really too concerned about Boston fans in any other city from now on............ :facepalm:

Banning them? Really? I dont recall them seeing them doing anything wrong. Also I hope I wasnt the only one pissed off when they didnt show them during the Stanley Cup Finals.