Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Equipment sale discussion

I was at the Sharks equipment sale today. Tons of skates, a lot of pants, quite a few sticks, both left and right, helmets were mostly white and black Bauer, with a few Reeboks. Lots of the old style practice jerseys, and game-worn jerseys. Hardly any gloves, the good ones went pretty fast. Hopefully, they'll bring out some more gloves for the other days.

I picked up a new pair of size 54 +2 Easton Bio Dry pants from Fraser McLaren, a Jed Ortmeyer One 95 stick, a Niclas Wallin V08 black helmet, a couple of pairs of Black Armor socks and a couple of pairs of black practice socks, some kevlar skate socks, some coach's warmups, Vlasic, Demers, White, and Cheechoo locker nameplates, and some game pucks.

How much were the sticks and gloves?

Sticks were $75, I believe the gloves were around $60, and pretty torn up. The selection of gloves that was there by the time I got in at 1:30, was shit. They had maybe eight pairs, and they were gone when I left. Pants were $80, helmets $30, RBK hockey socks were $10/pair for new, $5/pair for used, home, away, black armor, and solid black practice. Old-style practice jerseys were $75. Game-used jerseys were up to $1K for the big names. Game pucks were $5. They had a huge selection of skates, new and used, up to $200 for used and up to $400 for new.

Actually all of Wellwood's TotalOnes from this season are retail Sakics -- he actually had a 100% retail stick he had taped up at the sale today, the others had P92R listed as the pattern, just like you'd get if you bought a Mybauer stick. Seto uses a more or less straight up Drury.

How did you get into the sale before it starts? Tell me your secrets!!! :)

Ill be there tomorrow also...

Today was the Suiteholder/Corporate Partner/Employee day

I'm sitting outside the SJ sale room now (3rd in line, chilling in my fold-up chair while working on my laptop), and there are a ton of skates, can't see how many sticks are left, and no visibility into the number of gloves still available. Maybe nobody will touch the Easton skates! :biggrin:

I'm sitting outside the SJ sale room now (3rd in line, chilling in my fold-up chair while working on my laptop), and there are a ton of skates, can't see how many sticks are left, and no visibility into the number of gloves still available. Maybe nobody will touch the Easton skates! :biggrin:

HA! I know who you are ;)

I went for gloves, pants and sticks... left with pants and socks..

jnhwz.png

Lisua.png

I accidently went to the signed sticks and missed the used sticks and by the time I got to the right spot all the good stuff was gone. They had a few pairs of pants but most were tore up and they were all the same price so I opted to get the brand new pair. All the gloves were signed and super expensive but a pair of Nic Wallin's Warriors made there way into the room but they were huge, ripped palms and were $100.

I lucked out because most of the people that were before me were collectors and ran (and took ALL) of the stuff you can resell.

Really crappy selection. I didn't see a single non signed right handed stick... Why did you have to sign your RS sticks Ian white??? Maybe they all got grabbed before I could see them?

I got a puck and three sets of socks, not bad for 30 bucks.

BTW there were a few Ben eager sticks from ATL, weirdest curve ever!

how early did you guys get there before it opened to be one of the first people at sharks ice? Thinking about going on Saturday to the general sale to pick up socks and hopefully rbk/jofa elbows.

Has anyone been to a new york islanders sale? theres the draft party coming up and it says theres an equipment sale so im going to go...this is my first sale and im planning on getting alot of equipment... any suggestions on what to do to maximize my chances of getting good deals and equipment before its all out???

how early did you guys get there before it opened to be one of the first people at sharks ice? Thinking about going on Saturday to the general sale to pick up socks and hopefully rbk/jofa elbows.

I showed up at 8 with it opening at 10 and I was about 10-12th person in line. Unless they put more stuff out there is no way they have any elbows left. They had tons of socks but I dont know how many will be left come Saturday.

I got there around 7. Todd beat me... And stole my Seto stick :D

I'll give the Seto S19 a try tonight. For some reason I was amp'd and couldn't sleep last night. I rolled in to the Sharks Ice center around 5:45am and was 3rd. The two guys in front of me were die-hard game worn jersey collectors.

I'll give the Seto S19 a try tonight. For some reason I was amp'd and couldn't sleep last night. I rolled in to the Sharks Ice center around 5:45am and was 3rd. The two guys in front of me were die-hard game worn jersey collectors.

You mean seto's repainted se16

It looked like a real s19 to me.... Although I didn't get that good of a look at it. Todd: if you don't like the stick let me know. I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.

The Devils' sale is a week from tomorrow. They never really have the biggest selection in terms of gear, and what they do end up having goes quick, but there's a HUGE selection of sticks. Hundreds. I didn't see a single righty last year, though, so there were a lot of unhappy people. Nice for me though haha

Sharks sale was pretty weak today, but made it out with an equip bag, Mayer franchises that were in great shape, some socks and blades. Sticks were freaking expensive, but saw some cool easton RS's around. Heatleys were repaints but White's were nice. Also, saw some nice pavelski pants in good shape. Was a little bummed that there weren't a lot of 87 flex lefty from Bauer or Easton. But was definitely an experience...a little crazy though.

I'll give the Seto S19 a try tonight. For some reason I was amp'd and couldn't sleep last night. I rolled in to the Sharks Ice center around 5:45am and was 3rd. The two guys in front of me were die-hard game worn jersey re-sellers.

Fixed