Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

CCM 1052 Helmet Problems

I have a CCM HT1052 helmet. The helmet is giving me headaches, I mean it's the right size and I have it adjusted properly and everything but when i've got it on it feels like the inside of the helmet is made out of a rock. The memory foam absolutely sucks, there is virtually zero cushioning whatsoever on the inside of the helmet and because of this I have been getting headaches after games. It felt great when I tried it on the store but after long skate sessions my head is absolutely killing me.

What can I do? My LHS won't take it back (not even for a store credit) and this helmet cost me something like 80 bucks and it's pretty much brand new. I really don't want to have to get another helmet. I was thinking I might be able to just buy some more of that CCM memory foam and completely cover the inside of the helmet with it because a large portion of the inside of the helmet is not covered with any foam at all. Does anyone know where I can buy extra memory foam?

Thanks a lot and any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. BTW if anyone wants to buy this helmet please contact me, it's pretty much brand new and has no scratches or anything.

I have the helmet and for a while it gave me headaches. First of all do you have a cage on it and where does the helmet feel the tightest or where does it give you headaches? What I did was adjust it to make it pretty loose, not to loose to where you can shake it around. Then what I did was stretch my cage out making it wider. That stopped it pretty good. I dont know about getting more memory foam though.

I have the helmet and for a while it gave me headaches. First of all do you have a cage on it and where does the helmet feel the tightest or where does it give you headaches? What I did was adjust it to make it pretty loose, not to loose to where you can shake it around. Then what I did was stretch my cage out making it wider. That stopped it pretty good. I dont know about getting more memory foam though.

I wear an ITech half shield/visor. The part where I get headaches is in the back of my head on the corners... the exact spot where there is no memory foam.

try a helmet with gel padding bauer 5000or try itech they have a helmet that is light and gel padding inside.

Like I said above, I dropped 80 bucks on this helmet and can't afford to just go out and buy another helmet :(.

Somehow buying more memory foam would probably solve my problem, anyone know where I can buy more memory foam?

Ugghhhh its on the tip of my tounge.....The company started with an M and made goalie sticks as well....

Maltese

You can also buy old style foam and rip out the hard foam that's in the helmet.

Ugghhhh its on the tip of my tounge.....The company started with an M and made goalie sticks as well....

Maltese

You can also buy old style foam and rip out the hard foam that's in the helmet.

That's an awesome idea... do you know where I can buy old style foam that is already formed to the shape of a helmet and whatnot?

Toronto Hockey repair sells it in sections I believe. I've seen it listed on their website in the past. You will still need to cut it to fit.

Do you know if the CCM 652 helmet shell is the same as the 1052? If so, I could just call CCM and buy replacement old style foam and liner from their 652 helmet.

If the CCM helmet doesn't fit, you should buy a new one. You're going to end up spending as much money trying to fix the one you have. Not to mention the fact that replacing the foam will void the warranty and certifications.

If the CCM helmet doesn't fit, you should buy a new one. You're going to end up spending as much money trying to fix the one you have. Not to mention the fact that replacing the foam will void the warranty and certifications.

Want to buy my 1052 helmet? :D

I mean, it fits me fine, but the memory foam sucks and since it's so thin on top of rock hard foam it gives me headaches.

geez, all that negative vibe from the 1052 helmets starting to make me worry since our teams getting a team order of them...instead of itech 100's! no x-larges in itech so we have to get friggin ccm, although they're gonna be yellow! :D