Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

topshelf19

Weight of Skates

By all accounts the synergy is lighter. The amount of weight difference will vary depending on skate size.

Which skate between the Vapor XXX and Synergys weigh lighter and by how much.

Thanks

Buy the skate that fits your foot the best. The Synergy is probably lighter than a Vapor of the equivelant size, but the differences are so minimal that you should just buy whichever one fits you the best.

Which skate between the Vapor XXX and Synergys weigh lighter and by how much.

Thanks

Buy the skate that fits your foot the best. The Synergy is probably lighter than a Vapor of the equivelant size, but the differences are so minimal that you should just buy whichever one fits you the best.

I was hoping it was just asked out of curiousity, anyone dumb enough to buy skates purely based on weight deserves any trouble they encounter.

I thought there was a post on this. Saying the Synergy skate alone was lighter, but with Insoles they are the same. It may have been a different comparison, but I remember the Shock Doctor insoles raised the skate weight to be equal.

so far for me, if i was going to buy either skate, i would go with the xxx. from what ive seen with the synergy, the skate looks like its just going to fall apart. i dont get how this skate is suppose to be comfortable either, with an all composite boot. and imo, that coil stuff is junk. this is just my opinion though and you should buy what you want to spend your money on.

Well for what it's worth the Synergy was advertised at 760 grams in an info packet at my lhs and the XXX was advertised at 785 in the new USA hockey magazine.

will it be the lightest skate with supple fit? which will be lighter, s500 or L7? i will buy the lightest one!!! :P

We will not be the lightest skate, but we will be the best fitting...

With each foot being so indivual how can you be so confident? Will it just form to those who's feet match up best? Will it fit a higher number of people than other brands? People on the board are always talking about buying what fits best, how does this differ from other skates? I'm not challenging by any means, I'm just curious. :)