Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Warrior Holiday Catalogue

This took me a while to notice (I'm a little slow) but will different lies on the tapered replacement blades getting the axe as well?

Im interested in this too. Any idea if the Savard will still be offered in a 6 lie?

And that's really a shame that "everyone does it".

I feel that if it's manufacturing/technically possible (as it is in the "Apx" blade and "Dynasty" shaft), it should be done to avoid misleading the customer.

By the way, Ponder, I dig the Gilmour avatar. Met Killer in Calgary.

It is a bit of a shame that 2-pieces tend to lag a little behind their equivalent 1-pieces technology wise, but it makes sense that companies don't focus on the 2-pieces too heavily, they seem to be basically going extinct, they're just not that popular anymore.

And jealous of you meeting Gilmour, my favourite player growing up for sure!

Recently bought a Dynasty blade, the weight of the blade (which is printed right on it) is indeed 145 g, not 115. Have only used it twice so far, but I'm absolutely loving it, great puck feel. Best puck feel I've had in a tapered blade by far, has a very wood-like feel, not at all pingy/ceramic like the X60 and SE16 blades I've used before. Can't comment on the durability, only 2 uses, but loving the performance. $20-30 cheaper than most other high end tapered blades too. If I remember the prices correctly at my LHS (in Vancouver, Canada) the Apx was $79.99, the EQ50 $89.99, and the Dynasty was just $59.99. 15 g heavier than the last blade I was using (an X60 blade), but it's got a longer hosel, longer tenon, and foam in the tenon (the X60 tenon was hollow), I think that's where all the weight comes from. Since the hosel is about 1" longer, you can use a 1" shorter shaft, so that'll offset some of the weight. As long as the durability is decent this will certainly be my tapered blade of choice from now on.

Has anyone handled the new Dynasty one piece yet? What I'm curious about is since it's a fused construction, if the taper is close to the Dolomite or thinner. The reason I ask is if the blade breaks, will it be as easy to convert into a shaft as a Dolomite, or is the taper thinner requiring you to cut the shaft higher up like a broken One95? I turned a One95 into a shaft, but I had to put a 7" wood plug in it to be useable. My Dolomite on the other hand was almost perfect after getting the blade out of it.

Looking at pictures and IceWarehouse's videos, it looks like there is a pretty blatant fuse point, but it's worth asking.

Just saw and bought the Mojo 85 shaft today. The catalog says it's a "precision taper" flex profile while the shaft actually says "linear taper". Is the catalog wrong?...

The handle shape is big and boxy like the Bauer Total One plus it takes the Total One standard blade perfectly. The weight seems "average", lighter than the '09 ST shaft, heavier than the '11 ST shaft. I haven't actually used the shaft yet but the 85 flex seems closer to Easton's 85 of previous years, which is slightly stiffer than the standard AK27 85 shaft. Price I paid is $70 CDN.

Probably another typo in the catalog. The dynasty blade is not 115 gram and the picture of the mojo shows it as a linear taper shaft but the catalog says precision taper. Hopefully you did not buy a tapered blade for it.

Good eye on the linear taper in the Mojo shaft's picture. No I bought the right blade type. It was more the flex profile I was wondering about originally, I haven't seen too many standard shafts with a low kickpoint let alone for $70. I'm good with the linear flex profile though. If my LHS gets the Dynasty blades I might bring my old tapered shafts out of the basement, I wouldn't mind seeing what the Kremlin's about.

So how do you like the mojo?

Also question for Missejeau, is the AK shaft going away? I am struggling to find it and if it is, I may buy a couple now. Same with the blade. I finally found what works best you were right the AK shaft and it seems to be disappearing!