Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee-Bro

Suspenders: over or under the shoulder pads?

still don't get it...aren't todays pants to fit snug on the waist without them? As we don't get +1,+2or talls here (Europe) that easy I wear my pants rather 1inch short than using suspenders...so do you use them because of an 'old pants' style...or just to gain length when sizing up..?

I wear suspenders to keep my pants up. It's really that simple. Without suspenders, my pants fall down.

I'm sure being 5'9 and 240lbs contributes to that...

I wear suspenders to keep my pants up. It's really that simple. Without suspenders, my pants fall down.

I'm sure being 5'9 and 240lbs contributes to that...

I used suspenders when I was younger but pants these days seem to stay up with out them. Did you have to go up in size because of weight? I'm the same height as you and 10 pounds lighter, but somehow squeeze into medium bauer pants.

I'm in a pair of XL Easton EQ30. The L doesn't fit at all. The legs are pretty loose, but I needed the XL to get around the "spare tire", which seems to push pants down (including jeans... I can't go without a belt in my pants). Especially in hockey pants that don't sit below the beer gut like pants and jeans. Since they sit up much higher, they get pushed down that much more easily. The suspenders are an absolute requirement for me. I wish the belt held them up, but all it does is make it hurt when I sit down.

It's interesting that the single belt in my 1053 pants does a better job holding the pants up than the two belts in my 520. I guess it's just the design, and cinch placement. I'm also well-rounded above the waist.