Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee-Bro

Suspenders: over or under the shoulder pads?

So flame me if ya like, but I thought everyone wore their suspenders under their shoulder pads. Saw a guy at drop in last week who wore 'em over. It stuck w/ me and figure it's probably a personal preference thing but am wondering just how many others are "over" guys?

I do it when I play goalie to keep my chest protector down. When I play out, I've never had this issue with a chest protector so I always wear mine under. I tried going over one game and it was just uncomfortable and restricting...but my shoulder pads didn't move as much so I guess that's good.

Under. Decent shoulder pads shouldn't need any help to secure.

For me it's more so that the suspenders stay secure than the shoulder pads.

This is something I've been meaning to ask for a while. I have a hard time keeping my pants up. I use suspenders and really hike them up, but then they're so tight that they actually come undone (the strap slips out from the adjustment buckle). I've resorted to just trying them to the "Y" straps that attach to my pants, but I'm just trying to figure out if there is a better way.

I also wrapped some tape around the plastic piece in the back because they kept slipping down over my shoulders.

I'm using cheap A&R suspenders... maybe another brand may hold better? I dunno...

I've always worn mine under, but I think wearing them over my shoulderpads might hold the straps in place better, but still doesnt solve my issue of them coming undone. Thoughts?

For me it's more so that the suspenders stay secure than the shoulder pads.

^^This. I always wore them over to keep them from slipping down. Last year was the first time I ever went without.

Sounds like some of you have a problem I've never encountered. My suspenders sit fine on my shoulders, and hold my pants up just where they're supposed to be. Over time, they stretch out and I tighten them. I can't really picture the problem others may have.

When I used suspenders I wore them over my pads, mostly because my shoulder pads come down almost to my waist. When I wore the suspenders under my pads they pushed the shoulders up into my chin.

last night I was trying out a new pair of pants so I went sans suspenders. the one thing I will say is that there was a lot more air movement under my shoulder pads. my pads are so light that for a moment after my first shift I thought maybe I'd forgotten to put them on. I'll definitely go back to the suspenders but it was interesting to have a different feel.

Sounds like some of you have a problem I've never encountered. My suspenders sit fine on my shoulders, and hold my pants up just where they're supposed to be. Over time, they stretch out and I tighten them. I can't really picture the problem others may have.

Mine always slid off my shoulders (wearing them under) until I put some tape around the adjustment thing on the back to keep it from slipping down. This is why I'm considering over the shoulder pads.

Optimus, I'm using Reebok suspenders this year. They seem very solid, and the tabs are a pain to get on due to the design which seems to make the more stable on the pant tabs.

The tabs aren't the issue, my problem is that THIS part keeps coming undone:

2XQqM.png

Especially because I have to make them REALLY tight to keep my pants up (I'm a fat guy, so my gut actually pushes my pants down)