Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

Painting my Challenger

What color should I paint my Challenger?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I should be getting my fisticuffs settled with the insurance company sometime here soon and I'll be looking to make about $1400 from it. After a fender and balljoints I'll be around $8-900 and I plan on getting it painted. If I go black I might either go straight black or with red faded stripes. If I go red I will get a black stripe down the side with a hood blackout decal.

1024_cooldodge_s3_1.jpg

This is what the red would look like.

bodanis1.jpg

Black Challenger w/o the stripes.

Challenger.jpg

Black Challenger but with white stripes.

The car was originally red if that means anything to ya :)

Cant loose with either color, id say go with black and maybe some very faint silver ghost flames. but out of the 2 i would pick black.

I'd go with the red w/ black stripe if you want to be more flashy. I don't think you're going to be driving that thing as an 'every day' car anyways so i say be as bling as possible for your play car.

And after all, they say that cops pull red cars over more than any other colored car. ;) Plus, with a ride like that, who wouldnt want to pull that thing over, just for the hell of it, to take a closer look.

You're going to be driving that thing to work and the grocery store? You're nuts! :D . You should buy a civic or something and only release that beast on the weekends.

8 miles a gallon at $2.50 a gallon is what Kobe is getting at I think. I'm assuming gasoline isn't so expensive out in your neck of the woods however.

Black requires almost daily washings but if you get a nice paint job it is completely worth it.

Exactly. If you are going to be driving it around every day and don't have the time to wash it twice a week, go with the red. I prefer black, but it's a lot of work to keep clean.

Do something original. My Dad's a Mopar guy (66 Coronet, 68 D100, 74 Road Runner) and every mopar you see is red or black. Do something original. I'd like to see something new. Something like Intense Blue or Amber Fire off of the dakotas would look awesome IMHO. Dark Shadow Grey from new Ford's would look pretty sinister as well. I love the look of black, but if you've ever owned a black car you know how horrible they are to keep clean.

dont matter what the color of the car is it will still be able to kick the crap out of any honda civic that roles up beside it

You're right, not a single honda in the world has ever broken out of the 14's.

it's not tough for a honda to break 14s if you're actually put effort into it, but what's the point of actually racing a honda (it's a car for groceries and saving gas) :P