Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

People are retarded

A lot of people throw a lot of terms and mumbo-jumbo around and think that they know it all.  It's always fun correcting those people.

I love it when I know more than those people. It makes me feel smart. :)

I'll have to agree. When it come to hockey equipment, my friends think I'm the man ;)

Actually I've given up giving most of my friends advice, mostly cause I spazzed at a teamate after trying to explain to him, for the 20th time, why he shouldn't put a Z-Carbon blade in his Synthesis shaft.

When I try to correct my friends about hockey equipment, they tell me I'm gay and have no life and that I wack off to hockey sticks... :rolleyes: I don't even say anything anymore. I just let them think what they want.

JR, I get people like that all the time in my shops too... The way they talk, they think they invented hockey AND skate sharpening, but really they have absolutely no clue... One of my favorites are the guys who bring their skates in and say "just touch them up, give them one or two passes, they aren't that bad." Then they look at me like "what the hell are you doing" when I give them more passes than that... when I finish, I have to spend 5 minutes explaining that you can't just make two passes... Idiots! And it's getting worse lately, in the Detroit area, several sharpening-only shops have opened up, and these guys blow all kinds of smoke up people's butts, throw around technical terms and "facts" and get everyone to believe that they're the only ones who can sharpen and profile skates. One of these guys puts EVERYBODY in a 9' radius and uses a 9/16" hollow. Another uses 1/2" and either 11' or 13', but he writes the metric measurements on the holder (I guess that makes it better?) Anyway, it used to be that if you lost your edge in a game, you must have stepped on something... now, even if you've skated 3 or 4 times, when you lose an edge, "that guy f'ed up my skates!" The smarter these people think they are, the dumber they get.

I don't even say anything to teamates about sticks anymore. This one guy had a cut si-core, flipped it around and put a synthesis blade in the plug end.

I hear ya my teammates are retarded.

JR I love it how the "pro shop manager" at my rink chews out employee's for touching the skate sharpener when he's the worse sharpener there is! I have to get "trained" by him before I can touch the thing. The other manager showed me how to do it and he's the best guy in town at shapening skates. Yet I still can't touch the sharpener. He even has a sign put on it with a list of all the ppl trained by him who can touch the machine.

Biskit -

I totally agree with your proshop manager. I have to approve every person who touches the machine. I trained every person in the store, including my manager. There are too many liability/safety issues involved.

Sorry :)

Have you told him that you learned how to sharpen elsewhere? I had a situation with a guy in skate rental. He worked at another rink...so I let him sharpen rentals, and now he's allowed to sharpen...rentals. Too many kids would befriend players at the rink and do skates under the table.

but the thing is i know how to sharpen skates. he's just a big fish in a small small small small pond. I'm not even interested in sharpening other peoples skates, just my own.

now my manager wants me workin in the pro shop and this guy doesnt wanna make time to train me to his liking. I just dont get it. I can understand where's he's coming from but im not gonnna screw up the machine. He's even showed me a few times and them he watched as I did my skates and he said I did a great job.

I just i gotta be patient untill he offically approves me.

That happens every time I'm in the Pittsburg Perani's, I end up helping more customers than the emloyees do.

Exactly! My favorite one was when I went in asking about the XN10 (last Nov.) and they guy told me it wasn't anything special, just an orange Response! I bit my tongue because I don't like that type of confrontation.

Yeah, when I got my skates fitted and sharpened after christmas, i was walking around the store and picked up a vapor XX and a worker guy said that its the lightest stick made and whatnot then i ask him about the xn10, he was like tps lies about that stuff and the XX will still be lighter. then yesterday a go into another shop and compared the 2 and the tps is so much lighter. so many people don't know what they talk about.

When I try to correct my friends about hockey equipment, they tell me I'm gay and have no life and that I wack off to hockey sticks... :angry: I don't even say anything anymore. I just let them think what they want.

My friends used to say the same thing :lol:

Then they all start talking about how they want custom synergy's in their favorite colour :rolleyes:

I don't even try anymore because they think they no it all about sticks. I remember when one kid on my hockey team said his cousins bought the new Synergy Sicore grip in yellow, i am like that is a regular synergy and they just yack on at how they would know....

My teammates laughed at me when I got a Inno 1100. Meanwhile, one of them is on his third syn grip in a month. And they're telling me to get a better stick :P . 70% of them are rich pricks so they think a stick is crap if it's not an easton, costs $300 or if its color is bright yellow or orange.

I don't even say anything to teamates about sticks anymore. This one guy had a cut si-core, flipped it around and put a synthesis blade in the plug end.

My teammate tried to tell me that the xn10 was aluminum........ ;)

Over 3/4 of the kids on my team didn't know what a Synthesis shaft was, and they still think tapered shafts are a load of BS.

I had a hell of a time convincing my teammates that the synergy, response, M1 etc aren't true OPSs. Oney kept telling me that tapered shafts arnt the same because "the kickpoint gets messed up when u glue the blade in." He said his dad worked in the industry as well.

I find that when I'm using gear, people tend to ask me what it is. Even coaching a HS team, the guys were more interested in what I used than saying it sucked because it wasn't from whatever company. Hell, the first time I used my Hespeler Nemesis Alpha four guys wanted to buy one on the spot, they didn't make fun of my new stick.

I know exactly how you guys feel. I have a bunch of sticks but I use my Graf Lasers because I like the feel on them best. People tell me they suck and they are a waste of money. The best part is that the people that tell me that are the people that have no shot.

lol i worked as at a skate shop and a similar sinario happened to me...except it was an older man with skates from around the 1970's and the blades were rusted out so i couldnt sharpen them,

So I convinced him into buying new skates

What really does the different radiuses do? Like the defensive one leanes back more and the forwards radius leans forward more? Pleae explain since I didn't go through all the post, if hteres the anwer on one of them, please post it.