Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dknj

Looking to try Comp blade 1st time & not expensive

I am looking for a Composite Blade that is not expensive. I am currently using a wood Montreal M9 Euro, happy with it but want to try out a composite. Let me know if you have any recomendataions.

I am thinking good old Easton composite blades is the place to start. You should be able to find some of the older models (e.g. Ultra Graphite) for cheaper prices.

Are you a lefty or a righty? I may have some in a lefty cheap if you are interested. Let me know via PM.

If you do try one out be sure to cup your lower hand when receiving passes. If you are not use to a composite blade it may take a couple of games to get the feel for it. Once your use to it you will become hooked.

I like the Easton Hybrid Lami Blade.

Hey Mickz,

how's the Hybrid Lami for roller? Does it get ripped up easy?

Some people on this site don't like the blade because of it's durability. But this has been one of the best blades I've ever had. A couple guys I know also use the Hybrid Lami for roller hockey because it's better than wood and has a better feel than ABS IMO. It doesn't really hurt to try this blade since it's like $25CDN at my LHS. The only problem that I find with it is that where the hosel joins the blade tends to crack rather easily. It's happened to my Easton Z-Carbon 95 and the Hybrid Lami on my Synergy shaft. However the cracks are visible but I have yet to see any difference in performance.

Some blades on closeout around the shops are the Bauer Wavebridge...

Where have you seen them??? I've been looking all over the place and haven't been able to find them for any lower than $40. I was about this (indicates small measurement with fingers) close to getting a couple the other night, but I figured I could ask the boys on the board if they have seen any for a decent price...If not I guess I'll just give in and drive up to Great Skate tomorrow.

Some blades on closeout around the shops are the Bauer Wavebridge...

Where have you seen them??? I've been looking all over the place and haven't been able to find them for any lower than $40. I was about this (indicates small measurement with fingers) close to getting a couple the other night, but I figured I could ask the boys on the board if they have seen any for a decent price...If not I guess I'll just give in and drive up to Great Skate tomorrow.

I just saw them at hockey1.com for $19.99.

Check the clearance/sale sections on all of the major online hockey stores, you can find some really good deals that way.

the apollo blades and eastons ultra graphite are both nice blades for about $30. I don't personally care for the gear blades, too flimsy, but if you're using it for roller, it may be alright.

I dunno about the Ultra Graphites...I find them too flimsy as well...very easy to bend with your hands...

Ultralights are/were like that but the UGs I had never bent like that.

I dunno about the Ultra Graphites...I find them too flimsy as well...very easy to bend with your hands...

Ultralights are/were like that but the UGs I had never bent like that.

Yeah, I foudn the Ultra Lites to be a bit bendy too...maybe just a bad batch of Ultra Graphites then...but they also chip really easily...