Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modo9

Sweet spot on a toe curve...

I am trying to adjust to an open-toe curve (Mogilny pro). Wristers are insane, and roofing the puck in close is easier than beating a small child. But for the life of me I can't figure out where the sweet spot is on this curve for a slap-shot. Anyone?

I am trying to adjust to an open-toe curve (Mogilny pro). Wristers are insane, and roofing the puck in close is easier than beating a small child. But for the life of me I can't figure out where the sweet spot is on this curve for a slap-shot. Anyone?

There isn't one.

Seriously, it depends on your motion. The length of your motion and placement (in your stance) will determine the best spot.

I am trying to adjust to an open-toe curve (Mogilny pro).  Wristers are insane, and roofing the puck in close is easier than beating a small child.  But for the life of me I can't figure out where the sweet spot is on this curve for a slap-shot.  Anyone?

There isn't one.

Seriously, it depends on your motion. The length of your motion and placement (in your stance) will determine the best spot.

Maybe if you use a stiff shaft, but with a whippy stick slapshots with a toe is great. I can place them where I want as long as I roll my wrist over.

is easier than beating a small child.

thats just sick man....... :huh: ;)

I got the phrase from the former creator of corebeam. When I read it I laughed, then realized what I was laughing at and laughed harder out of guilt. Kind of stuck with me. It is not to be taken literally.

Shit. Thanks for the advice so far. I try to slap the puck on heel of the blade and it flubs; I try to slap her on the curve at the end and she has a nice flight and accuracy, but no speed. I am thinking I'll try right where the curve just starts...

If it helps, the Modano pattern is the only curve where I can get a slapper over 75mph... Atleast that's what the little rinky-dink, portable red-lit display reads.

Shit. Thanks for the advice so far. I try to slap the puck on heel of the blade and it flubs; I try to slap her on the curve at the end and she has a nice flight and accuracy, but no speed. I am thinking I'll try right where the curve just starts...

If it helps, the Modano pattern is the only curve where I can get a slapper over 75mph... Atleast that's what the little rinky-dink, portable red-lit display reads.

Don't think about it, just smash the bastard. lol

It is not to be taken literally.

Just like Kovalchuk's comments weren't either. He was also kidding.

You'll need to practice and find out for yourself. I find the start of the curve is usually where I get the most power. I like to roll my wrists alot as well. You've tried this, so line up some pucks whenever possible and just work out the kinks. There isn't an answer to this question.

Shit.  Thanks for the advice so far.  I try to slap the puck on heel of the blade and it flubs; I try to slap her on the curve at the end and she has a nice flight and accuracy, but no speed.  I am thinking I'll try right where the curve just starts...

If it helps, the Modano pattern is the only curve where I can get a slapper over 75mph...  Atleast that's what the little rinky-dink, portable red-lit display reads.

The small child or the puck?

It is not to be taken literally.

Just like Kovalchuk's comments weren't either. He was also kidding.

Thanks for clearing that up Eazy, I thought you knew I was kidding modo by how you replied :)

Shit.  Thanks for the advice so far.  I try to slap the puck on heel of the blade and it flubs; I try to slap her on the curve at the end and she has a nice flight and accuracy, but no speed.  I am thinking I'll try right where the curve just starts...

If it helps, the Modano pattern is the only curve where I can get a slapper over 75mph...  Atleast that's what the little rinky-dink, portable red-lit display reads.

The small child or the puck?

In my case the puck, I don't know about modo. :huh: