Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MINT

New Easton Gear...n more (lots of reading ENJOY!)

Ok so today we had our annual meeting with Easton and they brought tons of new product that is comming out for next year. Heres the scoop:

Canada

Posted - 11/22/2004 : 17:10:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NEW Synergy ST is the same stick as the old Synergy with one major change. The stick now has 3 I-Beam's in the blade were the old Synergy had only 1 I-Beam. The I-Beam's add support, stiffness, and face structure to the blade. The shaft is the same as the old Synergy, no changes.

The NEW Synergy SL (superlight) is made from the strongest fiber ever produced. By using this material (Carbon Nanotube Technology) they are able to produce a stick that is lighter and stronger than anything anyone has produced to date in the stick market.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GeekMike

HockeyGeeks.com

Posted - 11/22/2004 : 13:10:36

One of the new Synergy's is green. It is the new Synergy ST Grip and it is green as opposed to yellow that the Synergy Grip has been for the past 2 years. Also the NEW Synergy SL sticks are all a chrome look with different colour blades and have a new blade construction.

GeekMike

HockeyGeeks.com

Posted - 11/23/2004 : 16:08:48

Easton has changed their entire product line. Everything from skates, to gloves, to protective, is completely changed for '05. They have also changed all of their product to be Synergy branded. Their high end for skates and gloves are called the Synergy 1300 and then goes all the way down to the Synergy 100 youth. All of their protective starts at the Synergy 900 and goes down to the Synergy 100 youth.

The entire line looks great for next year.

GeekMike

HockeyGeeks.com

Also to add... there will be a stealth grip.. looks the same but with red at the bottom. Gloves look pretty good.

Bauer is releasing a stick to rival the ST... forget what its called.. but has a lot of great concepts on it and actually looks cool. New Nike line of skates looks pretty decent. New Nike v-14 equip... to me looks like the V-12 stuff but with different colours. Will know about Reebok player equip. very soon. Have all the info on the goalie equip. already and pictures etc.

Explains the Green Synergy mystery for those of us who watched the Gopher vs. Denver game last weekend. Any idea if Easton is making these new sticks in a variety of flexes or just 100 like most of their new releases?

no the Vapour XXX is NOT the rival of it .... sorry. the vapour xxx is actually JUST the innovative true-1.... for a fact.. straight from the Innovative factory guys...

plus the Vapour XXX is old news already...

The new bauer is strictly based on lasting longer... its reinforced on the outside of the stick on the shaft and also on the blade which is a rubber compound if i remember correctly.. also all of these reinforcements are visable to show what they have done and the difference

Would you look at that, triple I beams for 2005.

What the hell is an I-beam?

Dissect a SyNergy blade and you'll see what an I-beam is.

Got a pic by any chance? :D

The NEW Synergy SL (superlight) is made from the strongest fiber ever produced. By using this material (Carbon Nanotube Technology) they are able to produce a stick that is lighter and stronger than anything anyone has produced to date in the stick market.

This might explain why Forsberg's stick is chrome with a red blade while other people have seen chrome sticks with green blades, maybe they make different colors depending on the team colors?

An I-beam is a reinforcement structure primarily used in large building construction (i.e. highrises, plants, factories, etc.) to take heavy loads without bending much, shaped like the capital letter I. The I-beam idea is often used in other applications for the same reasons.

Mint, any chance on pictures of any new product?

Also, what can you tell us about the Nike skates, do they have an 8090 liner?

I hate repetition, but yes...

If you hate repetition, why did you post already posted (in this topic) and known SL information right above me?

If you hate repetition, why did you post already posted (in this topic) and known SL information right above me?

I agree, there is a lot of new gear with similar names, different colors, and wow, it is confusing. Alls I know is, my stealth rocks. Ill be the first on line for the SL tho. Always in it for a gihmick

Because it was in a different thread? You know, that BIIIIIIIIIIIG thread about Marz' stick?

I agree, there is a lot of new gear with similar names, different colors, and wow, it is confusing. Alls I know is, my stealth rocks. Ill be the first on line for the SL tho. Always in it for a gihmick

I have nothing against gihmick but I find that Easton hockey products are just becoming more and more gihmick.

I'm still hoping they can redeem the glove line personally. Especially after the (IMO) horrible offering of the synergy gloves last year. They've been going downhill in top of the line gloves since the 2002 z-air which was phenominal. They need to get back to the lobster claws I tells ya! :)

I really hope they don't use the "E" logo on the cuffs like the wc04 gloves, it looked pretty goofy imo.

Please please PLEASE get rid of the wrist wrap completely! We all get the point, you put $$ into R&D, well you've had a 2-3 year product run, it's time to move away from it.

I've said it a bazillion times before and I'll keep saying it. Make the freaking PRO gloves available at retail!

Zero-shock - Forsberg Zetterberg

Z-air - Sakic ('01), Yzerman ('99), Iginla ('00)

Air - Just about everyone else in the nhl ;)