Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confusedinATL

TotalOne Girdle Sizing Question

I am about to buy a Bauer TotalOne core pad. I live in Atlanta, and there are only about 3 hockey shops around here, none of which carry this item. I will be ordering online and I just want to get the size right....the first time.

I am looking at the bauer sizing chart and it reads as follows:

Large 34" - 38" 5' 9" - 6' 1" X-Large 36" - 40" 5' 11" - 6' 3"

I am exactly 5' 11''. I weigh about 230 and I wear a 38 in just about all my pants. My current pants are a pair of warrior hitman, and they are size large(supposed to be for waist size 34-36, lol, I've gained weight). They fit great in both length and waist. Does anyone know if (bauer) girdles run small? or if I should order one size up just to make sure it isn't too constricting. It seems that the waist issue isn't a big factor, since I am wearing a Warrior large that is supposed to fit 34-36. I just want to make sure I get the length right.

I will probably go with large, just wanted to see if you guys had any experience with it.

I got to try on a xl at my lhs. Im 5-9 230 with. 38-40 inch waist and I thought the XL was too big for me mainly lengthwise but I felt a large would have been an all around better fit for me.

Does anyone know how long these bad boys last? I use to wear Bauer Supreme girdles all the time back in the mid-2000s but would find myself replacing mine after 2 seasons ha. My padding would always fall out and the inner lining would rip. After I while, I gave up on them just because I didn't want to drop $110 every couple of years. The new TO and Vapor core pads look more durable but looks can be deceiving ha.

I have worn these for a while now. I think mine are the one90 version, but it is the same girdle. Anyway I am 5'9' right around 200, wear a size large, and if I have any complaints they feel just a tad long to me. Not enough to be a problem, just a little bit. At 5'11" they would probably be just right IMO.

And to Broad Street, I have had mine for about three years, playing 2-3 times a week, year round, and they have held up really well. I hang them up after each skate, so they don't sit in a bag, but that is about it.

Thanks Chris. Yea, it's been a while since I've worn a girdle but based on you experience it seems that Bauer has improved their product. I will have to look into buying one of the core pads/girdles.

I purchased the totalone girdle about 5 months ago. I'm about 5'9" / 165 and brought a small. Fits fine length and width wise. The problem is one of the velcro leg straps is starting to shred already??? I skate maybe once a week and am easy on my equipment. I'm actually surprised this is already happening. I like the fit and performance, but damn it almost feels like they are disposable girdles. I like them so I'll just get them repaired or do it myself when the time comes. If you can find them on sale I'd say its worth it, if not hold off or find another brand.

ya, I´m 6"2 and 185lbs, i´m wearing a 33" so the sizing chart says i should get a medium width wise but more on the xl length wise, I don´t know which way to go...

I'm wearing an XL Bauer x60 ACP girdle and I'm 5'11 and 215lbs. I found that the Vapor line fits a bit tighter differently than the TotalOne though.

The legs/thighs are JUST long enough. They seem a quite short compared to anything else out there.

After about 1-2 months of use they're also not wearing as well as I'd expect.

As mentioned by Canuck, the velcro leg straps are shredding a bit, and lots of other areas are freying.

I'm on ice around 3-5 times a week, so I can be pretty hard on equipment, but overall these seem to be more "disposable" than a regular pair of pants.

Confused,

We're the same size. I went with the Large Totalone and it fits perfect. Just the right length too. Quite a bit of room in the large to tighten it up or let it out, depending upon how you like it to fit. Diffinately go with the large.

I am going to go ahead and order the large. Also, do I need to get a shell that is specifically a "girdle" shell? Or will one that says "pants shell" going to be fine? The reason I ask if because I want the Easton Stealth s17 shell. It is a "pants" shell, and I want it because it has zippered inseam legs.

I am going to go ahead and order the large. Also, do I need to get a shell that is specifically a "girdle" shell? Or will one that says "pants shell" going to be fine? The reason I ask if because I want the Easton Stealth s17 shell. It is a "pants" shell, and I want it because it has zippered inseam legs.

I've always considered a shell a shell. Typically I size down one size when using a shell with the girdle, and use the same size as my pants when wearing it over top of hockey pants.

It comes down to personal preference. I can wear an XL shell over an XL girdle but there's a bit more "flow" - definitely not MC Hammer style, but definitely looser and a bit longer than a L.

Confused,

We're the same size. I went with the Large Totalone and it fits perfect. Just the right length too. Quite a bit of room in the large to tighten it up or let it out, depending upon how you like it to fit. Diffinately go with the large.

Yeah, the large was too splayed out around my beer gut. I also needed a bit more wrap around my thighs. Muscular thighs + beer gut = XL girdle. Anything else I can get away with a M or L.

I figured it would be better to post in a totalone girdle thread instead of starting a new one.

Does anyone out there have one? If so, could you do me a HUGE favor? Could you PLEASE open it all the way up and lay it out flat and take lots of photos of the inside and the outside? Specifcally the belt area.

I tried one on today and loved it except that the belt felt like it should be maybe 1-2" higher up to actually do any good. I'm curious if I could possibly modify it somehow, or something.

Thanks!

I don't think pictures will answer what your question is...what is your question?

You have to wear the girdle correctly or the padding will not be in the right spots. If that means pulling it up 1-2" then that's what you have to do.

Is the belt too short? You can put a new one in, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass. You may have to attach it to the existing belt and pull it through.

No it's that I put it on and it really felt great all around. Felt like I could easily wear it without suspenders (can't wear pants without them) thanks to it wrapping around both my torso and legs.

But then I went to do up the belt. No problem on belt length, but it just felt like the back part of the belt (the front is fine) is about 1-2" too low. It felt as if the belt wouldn't actually do anything because it's not sitting where it should be.

9846_04.jpg

Maybe I just didn't have it up high enough... I'd really like to try it on again without salespeople harassing me (not to mention the hour drive to get there).

I think I ran into a similar feeling when I tried on an Easton girdle about a month or two back. I tried it on once and it just didnt' feel.....right. Went back a week later and tried again. Found that I had to hike it up higher (then I normally wear my hockey pants) to have everything sit right. While I could tell everything above the hip area sat higher....it overall felt better and the belt worked as it should.

Yea, I'll try it again next time I'm up. I had barely started putting it on when I had the guy bothering me. I mentioned that it felt good and was light and he was like "i can bring it up to the front for you so you can keep browsing without carrying it around".

They make me feel like such a dick for not buying something on the spot, but they force me into that position by pushing too hard.

Yea, I'll try it again next time I'm up. I had barely started putting it on when I had the guy bothering me. I mentioned that it felt good and was light and he was like "i can bring it up to the front for you so you can keep browsing without carrying it around".

They make me feel like such a dick for not buying something on the spot, but they force me into that position by pushing too hard.

Bit off topic.....but I understand the feeling. Part of it is they want to try to make the sale so they aren't being abused by having people size gear and then they go online. But at the same time that "pressure" they put on you is off-putting.

I'd be interested in seeing how you think they fit once you try them on again. I'm interested in going with the TO girdle but my LHS doesn't stock girdles. No real market out here for them.