Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty22

Youth hockey coach trips opposing player in postgame handshake line. Injury, charges ensue...

That's the example youth players are given. 30 years from now something like this will happen. Probably even worse. A lot of parents talk the talk, but in the heat of the battle, they fail to show kids how one should conduct themselves regardless of the situation.

Being that this is a youth hockey coach -someone charged with helping to shaping young minds and being a role model these seems especially offensive.

I was fortunate enough to have some great people as coaches in the various sports I played as a kid. I There has always been a percentage of coaches that are poor examples and it seems like that percentage grows with each passing year.

My guess is the kid deserved to get smacked. And the coach was an absolute fool for being the one to do it.

What I mean is the coach obviously was "getting even," based on the way he pointed back at the kid, so I presume the kid was a prick on the ice. But it just doesn't matter how bad the kid was, because that's part of what growing up is about, to learn how to ignore the insignificant distractions we all come across.

And yet drunk drivers stay on the road after 4,5,6 DUI/OUI convictions. Some great legal system we have in this country.

When did you move to Canada? This happened in BC. Speaking of DUI and Canada, they have been refusing entry to more and more people at the border based on DUIs.

When did you move to Canada? This happened in BC. Speaking of DUI and Canada, they have been refusing entry to more and more people at the border based on DUIs.

This is because the driving standard in Canada is bad enough without letting drunk Americans in... :wink:

This is because the driving standard in Canada is bad enough without letting drunk Americans in... :wink:

Fortunately my hotel for the tournament next month is within walking distance of Margaritaville