Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The Captain's Thread (discuss C's and changing C's)

Colorado just named Landeskog captain. Interesting move but they have had decent luck with young captains in the past.

Youngest captain in the history of the NHL.

what's interesting is that Milan Hejduk was the one who suggested they take the captaincy from him and award it to Landeskog.

Who is wearing the "C" in Edmonton this year? If it has even been named. I can't believe it will be anyone but Eberle. Maybe Ferrence...but I think Eberle is the long term guy they want to build around...and has been a Captain on just about every other team he's played on, right?

There are a couple reports saying Sam Gagner is going to wear the C. Not too sure how reliable their sources are, but the guy has been around for a while and is still pretty young, so he might be more able to relate to a younger locker room than a guy like Ference. For me I don't think a guy would be a serious candidate before he plays his first regular season game for a new club. Plus who knows, maybe Sam Gagner is terrific in the locker room and has a lot of respect from his teammates. Time will tell.

Yup...it's weak if you ask me. Especially considering both those guys could be gone by years end. Ralston said length of contract didn't play into his decision.