Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lufria

2012 Tour Skates

On display at TORHS 2012...gotta say, the boot and the skate overall is a huge change in direction. They may win me back after all.

lMPk0.jpg

E7qnQ.jpg

I also find it interesting that they are branded "Bone" which I assume refers back to the old Tour Fishbone skates they used to produce.

Hopefully they sort out the way the skates soften up. Have a pair of zx9 and while they fit great and I like them, they have gone considerably softer in under 20 skates, unacceptable tbh.

they look kind of dumb but they are probably trying to be more edgy and flashy than mission.

when are these coming out?

Hey Look its another disposable skate from Tour!

I am with Jaime_tnt, Tour has produced way too many high end model skates that the stiffness just does not last.

Code-1, Cobalt, Tabu, & most recently the Thor model, not one of these skates was worth the price I paid for the amount of time that the boot held up.

Good luck to Tour with these but I will not be trying them out.

To add to my previous comment the tenon guard was quite soft out of the box, another problem.

Had I not ordered them from the US to UK I would have returned them by now. Too mush hassle and cost for me.

Boots are considerably stiffer than that last models - like you two, i've had the last 3 high end skates from Tour. They do get soft, no doubt. I will say that this stiffness is not quite the bauer or mission models either.

I have Tour Thor ex1's I wish that they would have gone back to a traditional felt tongue on this years line up. Also it doesn't look like they changed the tendon guard to help with those problems at all.

I am much happier with the look of my Ex1's, and I replaced the tongue on them for Nash pro tongues. Perfect skate for me now.

Hopefully they got away from the micro bearings aswell, hard to tell from the pictures wether they come with micro or standard hub bearings.

I have Tour Thor ex1's I wish that they would have gone back to a traditional felt tongue on this years line up. Also it doesn't look like they changed the tendon guard to help with those problems at all.

I am much happier with the look of my Ex1's, and I replaced the tongue on them for Nash pro tongues. Perfect skate for me now.

Hopefully they got away from the micro bearings aswell, hard to tell from the pictures wether they come with micro or standard hub bearings.

I quite like the tongue to be honest.

Have tour every actually commented on the poor quality of the tenon guard or do they just ignore complaints?

I quite like the tongue to be honest.

Have tour every actually commented on the poor quality of the tenon guard or do they just ignore complaints?

Im not sure but it doesn't seem like that have made any effort to change the design in the last few years.

I would start w/ info@tourhockey.com

They are very responsive, however it is Tourney season & I am sure they are rather busy. I've dealt with Tour on many occassions & their customer service is actually top notch, just need to be patient this time of year.

The new tour skates have a lot of throwbacks to previous models. Between the fishbone name and then the nano materials that are like the ones used on the Code 1 EX and the Cobalt Q, Tour is definitely channeling their heritage. I talked with Chad Seibel for quite a bit at Junior Olympics and he is really enthusiastic about this line, which should be available this fall. The white/gold ones are a limited edition of the black/hex pattern ones. I really think that the ones with the Dynasty III's are a really attractive skate for the price and wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people really like the skate.

Also, they made the tongues longer.

Although Tour has a long lasting brand name, they no longer have the chassis advantage w/ Reebok & Alkali sporting all 80's.

As I have not had good experiences with high end Tours for a number of years I would be very reluctant to give this skate a try based on previous performance, the color schemes are not doing any favors to this line in my opinion either.