Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Arnott failed the NYR physical

One to many beers during the lockout I guess eh, haha. What happens now though? Does he get another shot at it or anything or is he SOL? Haven't heard anything like this in quite some time!

Conditioning is almost never the reason for a player failing the physical, it usually has to do with past injuries and the current conditions of those issues. I believe he had surgery on his knee since the end of last season and my guess is that he has not progressed far enough in his recovery for the doctors to sign off on him playing. If that's the case, he may get approved later by the same doctors.

Yeah didnt Big buff come in weighing some obnoxious amount like 285 last season? Chicken, lettuce and 3 hours of gym time a day, by opening day hes back to his 'nimble' 250 pound self....

I have watched Jason practice in the summer and he works very hard even when he is on his own. As for food there was no junk around that I saw. I would say that Chadd is probably correct and it was the knee or another ailment. I was talking to a couple other players that played with him and he was good to go if he had stayed in St Louis? Now that being said could have been his opinion and not he Dr's!

Yeah didnt Big buff come in weighing some obnoxious amount like 285 last season? Chicken, lettuce and 3 hours of gym time a day, by opening day hes back to his 'nimble' 250 pound self....

The announcer on last night's game said he was at 270. We heard that he played at that weight for a while with the Blackhawks, no matter what they said about him.

Word is that he was examined by a doctor this week and was cleared to play. He now needs to find himself a new team and hope to pass the physical this time around.

He was cleared by one doctor before he went to the Rangers physical. It doesn't matter what his doctors say, it's up to each team doctor to make their own decision.