Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Vapor APX2 Skate Initial Thoughts

Of course Bob is going to slag it - he didn't come up with it! And coupled with the fact that they sought insight from a competitor (Blackstone), you can see why he'd be saying it sucks. I pay absolutely no attention to whatever he says - it is always to further his own agenda.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this holder, nor did it merit a separate topic. Your topic title was extremely misleading.

Of course Bob is going to slag it - he didn't come up with it! And coupled with the fact that they sought insight from a competitor (Blackstone), you can see why he'd be saying it sucks. I pay absolutely no attention to whatever he says - it is always to further his own agenda.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this holder, nor did it merit a separate topic. Your topic title was extremely misleading.

I'm relieved to hear that there are obviously no major problems. So you didn't experience any issues with getting replacement runners in or weak stability of the runners when locked in?

Well you actually did when writing:

---

Swapped out the steel from Fusion to LS3 EDGE; one slid in perfectly, the other tended to give me some issues, but I shaved the channels a little bit and got it to snap in right.

---

How did you shave the channels?

Yes - I wouldn't have called that a problem though, because you have to do the same thing on regular LS2 holders - typically happens with LS3 or older LS2 steel.

Your topic was insinuating that there are issues with the LS2 EDGE holder, and that is simply not true.

You shave the channels with a razor blade.

Sorry forgot the "?" at the end of the topic headline. Finally good to hear everything is fine with the new Edge holder.

Great insight. Can you Elaborate The point you made when saying: LS EDGE/LS3 combination was too tall for you.

Coming from previous x60 Top model it's really quite a bit to adapt. Gonna change Fusion to profiled LS3 too.

Bump any more updates on APX2?

Great insight. Can you Elaborate The point you made when saying: LS EDGE/LS3 combination was too tall for you.

Coming from previous x60 Top model it's really quite a bit to adapt. Gonna change Fusion to profiled LS3 too.

Can you expand on transition from X60 to APX2?

Bump any more updates on APX2?

Can you expand on transition from X60 to APX2?

Having used the APX2 for a few months now I am really thrilled. The X60 once top model are great skates though the APX2 provide even better Performance - and at the same time being absolutely comfortable. The new holder took some time to adapt, but everything is perfect now. Do you want to know anything specific?

Just finished my 3rd skate on my apx2's. They feel like they flex forward much easier than my apx and are also much more responsive. Tight turns and accelerating feel much easier. I'm looking to forward to these after they break in a touch more.