Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Douglas Pads

Anybody got any opinions on these?

I mean the ones they make for hockey, not football.

www.douglaspads.com

I remember seeing some people use them years ago, and an old Reebok shoe add w/ modano sporting gear and no jersey, w/ the same shoulder pads.

Yeah, wow, old school. I remember these, I wanted a pair back in the day when I thought bigger was better. I had a pair of bauers that were similar, and the mobility was low. So I figure it would be similar.

They're fantastic--especially if you've had any prior shoulder injuries. I don't notice any mobility issues as a defensemen. The best protection available IMHO.

They have two pads - Defender and Winger.

Other pads that were comparable were the Christian and the TPS Flexors.

They're bulletproof, albeit a bit bulky. It sold well for me (the Christian) when it came to pee-wees - parents were wanting the extra protection.

I have the TPS Flexor elbows. Things saved my arm last game, I took a wicked chop and I just got a bad bruise. I think had I been wearing other pads I would be in a cast now. They aren't really too bulky, and definatly aren't restrictive.

I had some old ccm shoulder pads that I just switched last season, they looked exactly like those. I bought them for 50 about 4 years ago and I saw them at sportcheck for 20.

yea i dono about those if they're nice or feel good i mean, but i would rather wear a regular shoulder pas like hum.. hte bauer 8000 or something the dont look like the comfortablest cuz of the plastic, but i guess its personal preferance eh?