Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

2013 Draft

ROUND 1

1. COLORADO - Nathan MacKinnon
2. FLORIDA - Aleksander Barkov
3. TAMPA BAY - Jonathan Drouin
4. NASHVILLE - Seth Jones
5. CAROLINA - Elias Lindholm
6. CALGARY - Sean Monahan
7. EDMONTON - Darnell Nurse
8. BUFFALO - Rasmus Ristolainen
9. VANCOUVER (From NJ) - Bo Horvat
10. DALLAS - Valeri Nichuskin
11. PHILADELPHIA - Samuel Morin
12. PHOENIX - Max Domi
13. WINNIPEG - Josh Morrissey
14. COLUMBUS - Alexander Wennberg
15. NY ISLANDERS - Ryan Pulock
16. BUFFALO - Nikita Zadorov
17. OTTAWA - Curtis Lazar
18. SAN JOSE (From Det) - Mirco Mueller
19. COLUMBUS - Kerby Rychel
20. DETROIT (From SJ) - Anthony Mantha
21. TORONTO - Frederik Gauthier
22. CALGARY - Emile Poirier
23. WASHINGTON - Andre Burakosvky
24. VANCOUVER - Hunter Shinkaruk
25. MONTREAL - Mike McCarron
26. ANAHEIM - Shea Theodore
27. COLUMBUS - Marko Dano
28. CALGARY - Morgan Klimchuk
29. DALLAS - Jason Dickinson
30. CHICAGO - Ryan Hartman

That might have been the coolest draft moment I've ever seen. 7th round is winding down...New Jersey doesn't have any picks left. They made a trade (with LA, I believe it was) to get pick #208, then call Marty Brodeur down to the table to announce his own sons draft!

That was definitely awesome, and that's coming from a Flyers fan. A Flyers fan who by the way is extremely disappointed with the picks made today.

I'm not too surprised by the avs skipping out on him as they need more offense too, but I was very surprised Florida didn't select him having been the team given up the most goals

Because I think in the grand scheme of things, MacKinnon will be the better player. Seth Jones is the more 'now' player. He's gonna step in and help Nashville right away, while MacKinnon will be the better player down the road, which I think is the road Colorado is heading down.

Consensus is the opposite in terms of readiness and dmen always take longer to adjust to the pro game. It came down to the majority (and Colorado brass, which is really all that matters) determining that Mackinnon was the best player available. Franchise centers are also the rarest and most difficult commodity to obtain in the NHL.

I think the Avs need to add a seasoned Dman now since they have a good bunch of forwards. Thier D is thier week spot and it takes longer to develop them. As good as Jones may be he still lacks experience and I don't know if he could jump in like Danny DeKeyser to fill a spot. I think it is a smart move, trade a forward for an experienced D.

I think the Avs need to add a seasoned Dman now since they have a good bunch of forwards. Thier D is thier week spot and it takes longer to develop them. As good as Jones may be he still lacks experience and I don't know if he could jump in like Danny DeKeyser to fill a spot. I think it is a smart move, trade a forward for an experienced D.

I think that was part of the reason they picked up Sarich.

If your team is struggling on defense now then you fill that need via trades and free agency and you select the best talent available at your pick.

Dekeyser is almost 5 years older than Jones, not an apples to apples comparison. It generally takes an ELITE D talent to make the jump at 18, and rushing them typically does more harm than good (See: E. Johnson, who happens to be on the Avalanche roster).