Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kessel'sOversizedSuit

Pattern Similar to Reebok Datsyuk

The Pattern DB is down and I need to know what is the similar patterns from Bauer/warrior/easton to the Reebok Datsyuk pattern. I've really become fond of that pattern as it seems well suited to my style/skill/technique or whatever, but I am eager to branch out again and try other sticks.

Any help would be appreciated.

My son really liked the Datsyuk pattern and in looking for close matches it seemed the Easton Iginla pattern seemed one of the closest. It has been a while since I compared them so I can't say if the current versions that would hold true.

From Warrior I would look at the Burrows (probably a bit more open) or maybe the Zetterberg. Bauer maybe a PM9. Honestly, I really don't remember any that were dead clones.

IMO the closest will be:

CCM Tavares

Easton E36

Bauer Kane

Warrior Zetterberg

My son goes back and forth between Datsyuk and Kane without issues.

I actually, I do have an old CCM V10 in a Recchi curve, which i understand is now the Tavares and it is very similar. Not too surprising I suppose given that its the same parent company and all. So that puts CCM in the mix...

From what I recall in the shops, the Iginla isn't quite what I'm after. Thanks tho.

Looking at the chart provided by warrior there isn't a straight warrior equivalent and not much else being offered by the other companies. Looking at the curve and what it says the Sherwood statsny looks to be close to it but with a round toe. A Kane or Zetterberg may be close but their curves are more mid, slightly shorter and with a round toe. I personally can go from the statsny and Zetterberg/kane without much problem.

Thanks everyone. The rounded vs. square toe isn't a big deal to me. I've had really square toes (like the getzlaf) and did't really like it. The Datsyuk is sort of a strange square, it's not that square and the tips are rounded slightly.

I'll check out all the suggestions. Thank you kindly.

Like others have said, the CCM Tavares is closest, with others like the p88 and Iginla in the 2nd tier of "similarness". I also use the Datsyuk, I like how the bottom part of the toe is longer than most other options, helps on drags and picking pucks off boars...

IMO the closest will be:

CCM Tavares

Easton E36

Bauer Kane

Warrior Zetterberg

My son goes back and forth between Datsyuk and Kane without issues.

I think the P40/Hedman is more like the curves you just named (excluding the tavares), more so than the Datsyuk.

Datsyuk pattern would be a bit more similar to an Iginla or Warrior's Kovalchuk.

Like others have said, the CCM Tavares is closest, with others like the p88 and Iginla in the 2nd tier of "similarness". I also use the Datsyuk, I like how the bottom part of the toe is longer than most other options, helps on drags and picking pucks off boars...

Yes, this is what I was getting at with the toe. It isn't just squared off with 90 degree angles. I too like it.

Yes, this is what I was getting at with the toe. It isn't just squared off with 90 degree angles. I too like it.

I believe the Hedman has the same toe as the Datsyuk..?

They're a little different. The Hedman/Perron is rounder at the corners and the flatter part of the Datsyuk is at more of an angle.

I picked up a ribcor datsyuk for the first time yesterday and I was really impressed with the curve. Have you used this curve by any chance? If Easton offered anything similar in retail, I'd definitely snag one. From everything I've read here, I"m guessing the E36 will be the closest, the differences being; E36 has more rocker, tad bid shorter blade length, and a round toe.

I think I'm way off on this since I haven't seen a P10 in a very long time, but it kinda reminded me of that too.

I thought I'd give this thread a quick bump because the issue is no longer just about my personal desire to try brands other than reebok. I have gone to 6 different stores in my area and none had a reebok Datsyuk stick. Well, I saw a few 14Ks but I'm too spoiled for that.

In fact, all of the these stores I went into had virtually no reebok stick stock of any kind. For example, the ProHockeyLife had 4 reebok 24Ks on their new wall and maybe 10 sticks of various levels in their clearance sections. All Crosby curves. The other suspects (national, sportchek etc.) are all the same. no new reebok stock at all.

So, it would seem that I am going to be forced to branch out from Reebok after all.

Thankfully the CCM Tavares is still available and it is near identical, although I find that the good deals I seemed to always be able to get aren't there in the CCM sticks. The price point always seems to be higher on them for some reason.

I found a good deal on a Bauer One.8 in a p88 for $99 and since a lot of the replies here suggested it was the close (which it sort of is, but not really) I figured I"d give it a go at that price point. If it works out, I'll move up the bauer food chain with that pattern. If not, I guess i'll be on the hunt for closeout CCMs

To me whats closest to datsyuk....look at bauer p14 toews or warrior chara

I disagree on the tavares as it turn open closer to mid curve than the p38 (to me its closer to the toe).