Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bunnyman666

Are there any restrictions on blade curves by the NHL?

I ask only because when I was a kid in the '80s, it seemed that every five minutes the refs in NHL was checking curves, and occasionally a player would get two minutes for an illegal curve. Now I see some curves that certainly would get some attention, yet I haven't seen a curve measurement check in forever. I vaguely remember a tool to measure the curve of the stick. I think it was three inches or something.

I think they scrapped the illegal curve rule, so NHL players can use what they want.

I was wondering. Some of the curves I see are downright bizarre!!!! I know some I see these days wouldn't have passed back then.

I would think that with the emphasis on scoring, the illegal curve rule would have either been relaxed or scrapped altogether if it were still in place in the last few years.

Think of the toe drag you could do with an actual "hook" on the end. You wouldn't even need to roll your wrists. It would be tough to shoot with though.

You mean like Ryan O'Reilly's curve?