Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Levsauce

Stable 26 performance skate hockey socks

Hi I am wondering if anybody has tried the stable 26 socks and if so how do you like them? Also what are the benefits and what is comfort like in them?

Hi I am wondering if anybody has tried the stable 26 socks and if so how do you like them? Also what are the benefits and what is comfort like in them?

I have two pair. Love them.

Their a bit of a PITA because they need to be adjusted just right, but once you get them dialed in, they work great. I like the weight and feel of them so much that even in skates that I don't need them (the inserts), I still wear the socks anyway, without the inserts.

As far as comfort, as I said, they are very good, but again, you need to get them dialed just right. For example, when I first got them, I used the thickest insert possible and it was too much. My feet were in agony. I went to a smaller insert, then there was an adjustment period of 2 or 3 skates to get used to them and now perfect.

Hope this helps.

I love the concept and the fact around 100 NHLers are using them makes them a no brainer.

On a personal level. My skate fit so well I am unable to fit even the thinniest setup in my skates.

I have two pair. Love them.

Their a bit of a PITA because they need to be adjusted just right, but once you get them dialed in, they work great. I like the weight and feel of them so much that even in skates that I don't need them (the inserts), I still wear the socks anyway, without the inserts.

As far as comfort, as I said, they are very good, but again, you need to get them dialed just right. For example, when I first got them, I used the thickest insert possible and it was too much. My feet were in agony. I went to a smaller insert, then there was an adjustment period of 2 or 3 skates to get used to them and now perfect.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the insight, were there any skating benefits with the insert? And will I be able to fit the sock with an insert into my bauer vapor apx2 skates that fit me well?

I love the concept and the fact around 100 NHLers are using them makes them a no brainer.

On a personal level. My skate fit so well I am unable to fit even the thinniest setup in my skates.

Just out of curiosity what skates do you wear?

Thanks for the insight, were there any skating benefits with the insert? And will I be able to fit the sock with an insert into my bauer vapor apx2 skates that fit me well?

Just out of curiosity what skates do you wear?

The skating benefits were clear from the improved heel lock. I can't say how they will fit yours, but if your skates fit well, I'm not sure why you would need them. They are really only intended for improved heel lock and although I like the weight of them, they are very expensive to get if you don't intend to use the inserts.

(edit: I should say if your skates fit well, not only would they not be necessary, but the inserts would likely be quite painful as mine were when I had the thickest ones in)

I wear Makos now, but had them in my Total ONes to begin with. They improved the heel lock in both skates for me.

I received a pair from one of the members here over a year ago and used them with my mission T8 inline skates. Skates were not baked out of the box, as they fit me pretty decently. I wanted a pair of socks that would allow me to get better heel lock in the skates, yet think enough that didnt take that volume up in the instep and forefoot area. The idea of the different thickness gel/rubber pads worked for me, allowing me to get a better fit.

I had to play aroudn with the different thickness pads, but managed to get it to work for me. The socks are actually quite long and allowed me to pull them all the way to my knees, thus replacing the additional sleeve that I wear under my knee braces (cutting down a layer to keep me cooler). The pads are not rigid and allows a lot of flexibility and slight compression.

Even though the socks I bought had a small fray in the stitching (recieved them from the member that way), the stitching hasnt gotten any worse in the 6 months that I used them.

I've since changed skates to a pair that have been baked (at home) and those provide me with a relatively snug heel lock. The stable 26 socks still sit in my bag in case I need to use them.

Glad you made this thread. I terribly sprained my left ankle five years ago and my left foot has never felt entirely "settled" in any skate since. Just ordered a pair, the lateral insert could be a godsend.

Glad you made this thread. I terribly sprained my left ankle five years ago and my left foot has never felt entirely "settled" in any skate since. Just ordered a pair, the lateral insert could be a godsend.

No problem troy

I've been using these for at least a year now. I love them. I have a very narrow ankle/heal with an average to wide forefoot. Even with a narrow healed skate I had issue getting a good heal lock. These socks have fixed that. Now coupled with a pair of skates that fit correctly it's a great combo.

The socks are comfortable and the compression is good. Thickness is about right for me. I wouldn't call them thin but they are not "thick" either. Seams are not an issue. I've been running one pair playing 1 - 2 games per week. And washing them before each game in a front load washer. The white has turned to a grey color, but beyond that they are still going strong. Worth the money if you are looking for extra heal lock.

just wore mine for the first time today and they are amazing, more power, speed and agility all in a comfortable sock. Definitely recommend these socks to anyone who wants a true performance fit and feel. Go get a pair and feel the difference!

I just bought a pair of these and I like the feel of the socks but not sure about the gel pads. They came with a thin insert on one side and a thicker piece on the other. What is the advantage of the two thicknesses? Is it better to have the thinner to the inside of your ankle or outside? Honestly I took them out to try them on without the inserts and didn't notice the difference in thickness until later, and don't know which one goes where? Any input would be appreciated!

Aren't they supposed to go where you need them? I think it's all personal preference

I kind of thought that was the case but wasn't sure.. Thanks!

I love them I now have 5 pairs of them , for me I do find they work just perfect for me without any of the inserts the insert pocket adds just enough for my foot and the heel lock is perfect , also with the way the rest of the sock compresses the foot a bit my skate seems to fit a bit better , I wear my skates really tight 8.5 to a 9 in shoes depending on the shoe and 6.5 in skates . one day id love to have a pair of customs made at 6.75 but until then these socks seem to really help for myself well worth the money

I love them I now have 5 pairs of them , for me I do find they work just perfect for me without any of the inserts the insert pocket adds just enough for my foot and the heel lock is perfect , also with the way the rest of the sock compresses the foot a bit my skate seems to fit a bit better , I wear my skates really tight 8.5 to a 9 in shoes depending on the shoe and 6.5 in skates . one day id love to have a pair of customs made at 6.75 but until then these socks seem to really help for myself well worth the money

Well I would go back to the thinnest (that would be the 2mm)on the outside and I would bet you would find it even better. We did that with Gary Roberts and he won't skate without them now!

I just bought a pair of these and I like the feel of the socks but not sure about the gel pads. They came with a thin insert on one side and a thicker piece on the other. What is the advantage of the two thicknesses? Is it better to have the thinner to the inside of your ankle or outside? Honestly I took them out to try them on without the inserts and didn't notice the difference in thickness until later, and don't know which one goes where? Any input would be appreciated!

4 outside 2 inside is the most common setting for the average person. If you have any other questions feel free to message my IB

oldtrainerguy28 I will have to give the 2mm on the outside a try thanks for the tip

Any time. Its amazing how much space is in the back of a skate for the average person. I have some players with 6 and 6 and 4 and 6. to Gary Robert s and he is 2 and 0 and 0 and 2....the 2's being on the outside of both. Darcy Tucker is 4 and 4 and 2 and 4 in brand new custom Graf's. So you can imagine how some of the people with narrow heels fit in there skates!