Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veltri

Greatest organization ever?

What do you guys think is the greatest organization ever, as far as all the players that have gone through it through out the years. For example, the flyers have had superstars for years, from bobby clarke, bernie perant, hextall, lindros, leclair, oates, coffey, etc etc, so I'd say they get my vote. Back in the gretzky era edmenton was awsome, but theyve really declined over the years.

The Montreal Canadiens from 1953-1979 won 16 Cups in 27 years. I think that would certainly head up any all-time list.

Gotta agree with Montreal. As for jr. Kamloops is a dynasty.

Definately, with Tucker leading the way to 3 consecutive Memorial Cups. Wasn't he captain for two of those teams?

yup, and I believe Iggy was the third. As for franchise in the bigs, can't touch the Habs 24 stanleys. I wouldn't say the Oil have declined too much, they are today one of the single most entertaining teams in the show. Run and gun is much better to watch than a trapping, locking, torpedo. And the fans are consistent as well. Top in the league.

Guest phillyfan

As for an older, one of the O6 teams, I'd probably also vote for Montreal, but until recently, they are not a completely spetacular team, and do not have any really superstars. For expansion teams, within the past few decades, I can not think of one year when Philly has not had a superstar, or performed well. I may not be old enought to remember, but when was the last time the Flyers missed the playoffs?

Back in Montreal's dynasty days they developed their players and usually kept them in the system for many years. Now a days with the whole money game, it's hard to do so.

All-time in terms of total number of greats it'd have to be the Habs, but the Oil had some of the greatest ever. In the future I'd have to say the Nordalanche will be up on the list.

In the future I'd have to say the Nordalanche will be up on the list.

I'd say Detroit for the future.. since 95 they've been arguably one of the consistantly talented teams ever in the league. Their ability to produce great talent out of low draft picks and cultivate is unparalleled today.

I don't know if anyone will ever touch Montreal though, mostly because it's a very different league today. There aren't many true blue franchise guys anymore. Guys like Gordie Howe who are happy to play for a team jacket.. and then consider themselves lucky to be in the league when they're arguably the best in the league... lol

I'd have Detroit up there, if only for Yzerman, Fedorov and Lidstrom. I'm sure Datsyuk will only get better, as will Zetterburg, but most of their talent seems to be imported.

They won't have any big names but the Devils have also been up there as one of the best around since '95.

Back in Montreal's dynasty days they developed their players and usually kept them in the system for many years. Now a days with the whole money game, it's hard to do so.

Um...didn't they bully the NHL into giving them first dibs on every French-Canadian player?

Guest 2048
Back in Montreal's dynasty days they developed their players and usually kept them in the system for many years.  Now a days with the whole money game, it's hard to do so.

Um...didn't they bully the NHL into giving them first dibs on every French-Canadian player?

Didn't Det and TO have dibs on all the players from their areas as well?

I would love to say the rangers, but I would have to say Toronto or Montreal. When I think hockey, I think Toronto, but when I think Dynasty, I think Montreal

Also Montreal, it's not by looking good that they won 24 cups, they worked hard for them.

the islanders and oilers had some nice runs in the 80s. overall, just as everyone has already said, montreal has the biggest resume.